Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else heading for failure?

ReputationRep:
    I am - don't worry

ReputationRep:
    I prefer not to think about it, lest I jinx a good thing. I get surprisingly superstitious during exams.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am. I would see if that is true during results day.

ReputationRep:
    Very likely, in French at least

ReputationRep:
    How can u be SO sure that u'll fail? Let's just pray that we don't fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfdaGoblin)
    How can u be SO sure that u'll fail?
    Because I stared at my Latin language paper and almost cried.

ReputationRep:
    which Latin language paper was that? I'm practically sh*tting myself about the beast that is A2 Latin literature tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    Probably I'd rather not think about it cos a) if I am, worrying isn't going to help anyway and b) I'm such a bad judge of my own work and such an anxious person I usually underestimate and think I'm going to fail whether I do or not. I may well be right this time however.

Wish I could put results out of my head but I can't dammit!

ReputationRep:
    You bet I am. Historians paper for classics today was okish but I'm 100% screwed for the mycenaean one on Friday </3

ReputationRep:
    Probably physics as I didnt finish either of the papers, and may well have screwed up French. But I'm giving them up so it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    I think that I have not done too good on a couple of exams, but we need to try and put the past behind us now as there is now way of turning back the clocks and changing our answers on the exam papers (or is there? lol j/k)

Anywho - just relax everyone and keep focused on the future exams in order to acheive your full potential!

Stef

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to fail tomorrow. I'm not just saying it either. My mock papers have been ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    I'm going to fail tomorrow. I'm not just saying it either. My mock papers have been ****.
    Mocks always come out worse than the real thing. I got U on my Geography A level mock exams and managed to get full UMS points on the real thing!?!
    Sure u will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, i've been telling myself that but in my experience it hasn't been true. oh and looking at some notes, i know nothing!

ReputationRep:
    My mocks weren't great either, but for some reason I'm finding the actual GCSE papers easier. Weirdness. I'm stressing about Chem tomorrow though, science is possibly my worst subject.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've done too well in English, but I guess it could have been worse and I already have 30% at grade A from my coursework, so that should pull me up a bit. I'm just hoping I'm being pessimistic and trying not to think about it until August.

ReputationRep:
    lol well I don't think I have failed, but I don't think I'm going to do as well as expected I was hoping for AAC but hey ya never know they might feel sorry for me....

You know you failed an exam when you finish in less than half the time given to sit the exam, that's what happened last year in my electronics (what posessed me to take that?!), I got A (coursework) U and U on the exams, I almost got an E on one lol

Good Luck to all, all you can do is hope for the best and get on with your life, you'll probz forget all about your exams and only remember on results day when your phone alarm goes off....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawrence4)
    You know you failed an exam when you finish in less than half the time given to sit the exam, that's what happened last year in my electronics (what posessed me to take that?!), I got A (coursework) U and U on the exams, I almost got an E on one lol
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo don't say that!! I finished one of the biology papers in about half the time, though i think that was because it was actually extremely easy (for me anyway). I was thinking, bet these invigilators think I've finished really early because I can't do any of it, when actually I'm top of my class :mad:

Good luck everyone, I'm sure you've done better than you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopz)
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo don't say that!! I finished one of the biology papers in about half the time, though i think that was because it was actually extremely easy (for me anyway). I was thinking, bet these invigilators think I've finished really early because I can't do any of it, when actually I'm top of my class :mad:

Good luck everyone, I'm sure you've done better than you think.
    Thanks for the luck. I really needed it. :p: I've done bad in AS computing for sure.

Woah, it's good you finished the exam in 30 minutes. I don't think the invigilators would mind. Just pretend you are still working through it, so they won't think you finished so early.

Good luck during results day, I'm sure you will get a good grade. Therefore, loads of uni's will accept you on the medicine course, as you will get a good AS biology grade!

How did your chemistry exam go?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.