Turn on thread page Beta

what do you think about bob geldof? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think that fundamentally Live8 and they whole "make poverty history" has good intentions, however, what do you think about bob?

Personally I find he thinks he's a god, and there are many people who worship him. I find it ridiculous how he's asking people to step out of work and children to bunk in protest. At the Live8 conference, i think i recall him telling politicians "to f****in get lost if they dont want to help".

For the recent ebay story (whereby ebay wanted to sell live8 tickets) he told the BBC "ebay employees should be disgusted and any1 working for them should quit + the money ebay donates should be shoved up where it belongs"

I find him aggressive and is getting carried, and perhaps its more hype than hope.

HOWEVER, dont get me completly wrong lol. Maybe we need people like this, who have the guts to stand up and at least do something, and shake the country up.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I think he's fantastic. ok maybe he asks alot. bu if he asked a little it wouldnt work.

he's giving it his all and his example is a good one to follow.

EDIT *is munching on her fair trade choclate in her fair trade shoes.. nothing else :p: *

ReputationRep:
    Ok, slightly carried away. But he wants to make a difference, and is in a position to have lots of people listening to him, and is actually doing something! Personally, I applaud him :-D

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, Well I like the Guy. I think to be honesty he doesnt have to do all these campagins and concert to help out but he does because its something that he obviously cares about.
    I didnt Like the Ebay thing anyway.. and the Edinborough thing, It jsut reminded me of the idea of motivating people to really do some active for a cause.

But then again, everyone sees people differently.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play to him but he sure as hell makes sure everyone knows every little detail about how good he is.

ReputationRep:
    He's great. Down to the point and he's a kinda leader. It's about time these fat arse countries started MAKING A DIFFERENCE for a change. Africa needs to step outta poverty and he seems like the guy that will make the first move.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, but he just frustrates me (not his cause, but just his attitude). People actually think he is a god.

ReputationRep:
    He wants to make a difference, and to be honest this is the only way in this world that he'll be able to. He gives his all, and had every right to be angry about the tickets coming onto ebay because it completely undermines the point of the event - it was meant to be free for god's sake!

ReputationRep:
    slighty mad, a bit moody, but bloody amazing!

ReputationRep:
    As a person I cant stand him, but for what he does I love him

ReputationRep:
    Hmm it's a good idea but I get the feeling half of his motives are publicity...

ReputationRep:
    I distinctly remember Geldof complaining that people only recognized him for his charity work, not his "musical" achievements.

Good times

ReputationRep:
    I think he means well but he's plugging the wrong gig (as it were). Fair Trade and all this Make Poverty History stuff is fundamentally flawed. Fair Trade will make Africa poorer and not save the continent from poverty. His intentions are good, but that's about it; he's bloody annoying with his holier than thou image and as I said, he's doing the wrong things.

ReputationRep:
    cant say ive ever had a high opinion of him

ReputationRep:
    He's an actual king in some part of Africa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    cant say ive ever had a high opinion of him
    You don't seem to hold a high opinion of much of anything.

ReputationRep:
    ok all the charity stuff aside.

"i dont like mondays" C'MON!!! fantabulous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalibantre)

"i dont like mondays" C'MON!!! fantabulous.
    :rofl: Catchy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalibantre)
    Yeah that's the problem, he's so in love with the idea of helping he doesn't care that what he's doing will do bugger-all.

ReputationRep:
    what he's doing will do a lot more than him doing nothing.

he cares he has done for years. he's a multi millionaire he doesnt have to do a thing but he does..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.