The Student Room Group

Policeman made an inappropriate joke

Righto, so today I was on the train and overheard someone talking about the town I live in, which is somewhat renowned for its high teen pregnancy rate. Anyways, he made a reference to a smaller area within the town (that I happen to live in) and said "the definition of a virgin in ****** is a 13 year old who can run faster than her dad."

The "someone" turned out to be a policeman in uniform talking to some London-Midland employees.

Ok, I will admit, it is pretty funny. But it got me thinking, imagine if there had been someone nearby who WOULD have taken offence to that? Is it inappropriate for a policeman in uniform in public on a train that is almost guaranteed to have residents of the town in question on board to be making jokes like that?

Especially since we're living in times of political correctness gone mad, when you can bring a complaint against someone for making a crude joke even if you're eavesdropping through a closed door, isn't it slightly dangerous for him?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Scroll to see replies

:awesome:

I'm gonna have to use that and claim its mine.
The_Gene_Genie
:awesome:

I'm gonna have to use that and claim its mine.

:rofl:

I was planning to do the same tbh. Just not loudly on a train full of strangers :teeth:
Someone's been on sickipedia.
thats a superb joke - but any person in a position of authority isnt able to make jokes like that while wearing uniform in unknown company.
It was a private joke. He didn't say it at a member of the public but it was slightly irresponsible if you could hear it. Anyway, police make jokes like this all the time who cares?
Reply 6
OMG police are human! OMG OMG OMG OMG
Reply 7
Some of my nates are coppers and say innappropriate things all the time, comes with the territory I think.
Reply 8
eh, pretty irresponsible whilst in uniform imo...
Reply 9
he's an idiot for saying it. PURELY because he might have offended some biddy on the rag who takes it upon herself to make herself a nuisance and have him done. couldnt care less myself (and I lol'd at the joke)
Reply 10
A copper told a joke. How dare he, I shall inform Gordon and the Home Secretary right away.
lwbe
eh, pretty irresponsible whilst in uniform imo...

Yeah that's what I was thinking...if he had been in civvies then I wouldn't have thought twice about it!
It's a bit irresponsible but were only human, eh?
funny joke

i dont think they should say it while on duty though
Reply 14
i...i...don't get it :emo:
would someone care to explain it to me? :frown:
Reply 15
Rimipie
i...i...don't get it :emo:
would someone care to explain it to me? :frown:

Think ... incest...
Reply 16
:naughty:

I want to hunt that policeman down, tap him on the shoulder, then politely but firmly...

Spoiler

Get over it.
Reply 18
meskell
Think ... incest...

nope...still don't get it :frown: explain pleaseeeee o kind one
well they can can't they, if you stand up to them, they crack you over the head with their stick..

Latest

Trending

Trending