Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you have a E at AS, but overall (6 units), you got a U in the end. Would uni's still accept you along with the other A-levels? Pretend the offer is CCC. You met the 2 C grades, but got a U. Would they still let you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    If you have a E at AS, but overall (6 units), you got a U in the end. Would uni's still accept you along with the other A-levels? Pretend the offer is CCC. You met the 2 C grades, but got a U. Would they still let you in?
    As ever, no one knows. If it's a course needing CCC then it's likely to figure in clearing and it would depend who applied this way, perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    Technically you'd have missed the offer so they're not legally bound to accept you. You might still be in with a chance, as Mrs Jones says, but you can't be sure.

ReputationRep:
    They could accept people if they miss the offer, however how about if it's a U.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    They could accept people if they miss the offer, however how about if it's a U.
    They could accept you on the basis of you other 2 grades - but its not likely for a popular course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    They could accept you on the basis of you other 2 grades - but its not likely for a popular course.
    Alright then. I got an offer and they didn't say anything about how many A-levels I need. :confused: I am doing 2 A-levels and 1 AS. If I got a U for the A-level and a decent grade in the other A-level and 1 AS I hope I can get in. If I get 2 U's in 1 A-level and 1 AS, I think it's not possible to be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    what did the offer say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    what did the offer say?
    It's just said 180 points.

ReputationRep:
    Can come from any combination then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    Can come from any combination then.
    Yup indeed. If I fail one A-level and an AS. I only get 1 A-level hopefully it will be a 100 (grade B) or 120 (grade A). Not sure if they would accept me, lol.

I'm sure I can pass my A-levels, but I'm just parnoid now.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there a minimum requirement of EE (at a full A levels) in order to get into uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Looking at your sig your offers from Lincoln, so i presume you'd get in with 100 points, as they'd probably just be glad to actually have some students!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Looking at your sig your offers from Lincoln, so i presume you'd get in with 100 points, as they'd probably just be glad to actually have some students!
    Alright then, made me feel better now. :p: Are they really wanting that many students? I thought it was a decent uni. I'm still proud of where I'm going anyway. They lowered the entry requirements for me I think.

Hope I won't get lower than 100 points or else I won't get accepted for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. :p: I have never thought of Lincoln as desperate for students though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemonkeys)
    Lol. :p: I have never thought of Lincoln as desperate for students though.
    According to the facts and figures, there are only 8000 something undergrads and a few hundred postgrads. Therefore, the student population will be around 10,000 or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Alright then, made me feel better now. :p: Are they really wanting that many students? I thought it was a decent uni. I'm still proud of where I'm going anyway. They lowered the entry requirements for me I think.

Hope I won't get lower than 100 points or else I won't get accepted for sure.
    Ok then, maybe their not desperate for students, but students who apply may not all be expecting to get A’s and B’s so I wouldn’t have thought it’d be as competitive to get in, should u miss your grade.

ReputationRep:
    Ok then, maybe their not desperate for students, but students who apply may not all be expecting to get A’s and B’s so I wouldn’t have thought it’d be as competitive to get in, should u miss your grade.
    Alright then. I read on another forum that someone applying for psychology there missed there offer by 100 points and they still got in.

ReputationRep:
    where did u read that?!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.