Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In 3 of the 4 universities i'm intending to apply to, it states AAB in required in Biology, Chemistry and a third academic subject. It doesn't however tag them with which subjects requre which grades. I'm guessing this isn't necessarily the case in every situation. The reason I ask is I think I may get AAB but with a B in Biology possibley at AS, meaning I will be predicted a B (unless its on a borderline A).

The universities I'm considering are:
    Bristol
    Newcastle
    Leicester (states 'A' grades may be specificed, but not in which subjects, presuming Chemistry and Biology)
    GKT or Nottingham or Leeds

If anyone can give me an insight into their experiences with tagged grades in these universities or in general, it will be a great help.

ReputationRep:
    I think Nottingham usually ask for AAb with A's in bio and chem.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol want an A in chem too

ReputationRep:
    Chem's not an issue, only Biology (they require an A in Biology?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Chem's not an issue, only Biology (they require an A in Biology?).
    Nottingham definitely want an A in biology.

ReputationRep:
    I thought chemistry was the definite A?? It is for vetmed... maybe different for med..

ReputationRep:
    At Newcastle you dont even need both Bio and Chem - only one of them is required to at least AS. Then it's AAB in any order. Roll on Newc!

Leeds get worried if you don't have AA in bio and chem at AS (one of my past work experience mentors does Leeds admissions).
    GKT will want AAB in ony order.

ReputationRep:
    my GKT offer is AAB and it must include chemistry and or bio

ReputationRep:
    My offer from newcastle did not specifiy any subjects - and i am taking 6 therefore did not even need to pass chem or bio - i rang them up and they was like ye in any sbjects - i was like wierd.
    i actually think it was an admin errror but it amused me at the time

ReputationRep:
    i think most places will go for the A in chemistry

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2005
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.