The Student Room Group
Solo isn't too bad, when you've used the account for a few months they'd happily upgrade you as you don't actually have bad credit, they are just being careful because you aren't a British National.

As for credit building, you'll build enough 'history' to be able to take out a credit card, such as a Capital One card. Pay this off every month, as the interest will be huge. As this is credit, it'll improve your credit report dramatically, and you'll easily get a contract.

Good luck!
nish81
I am a British citizen actually, with a british address of residence, I just havent been resident in the country for 3 years :rolleyes:

thanks, repped (and again later)

It should be even easier for you then :smile: This whole resident-for-three years drive me mad, its stupid. Especially if you have a permanent address. Ah well, good luck!
I had a Step Account with Natwest and when I checked my credit history it showed up with 0's for every month which means that everything is okay. Also my credit history in general was bad e.g. RBS declined me for a Student Account. Natwest gave me a student account and the full overdraft in one go! So I guess what I'm saying is that from what I've experienced Step does in general help you build up a good credit history in general but also if you handle the Step account well then within a year or so Natwest will look on you favourably in terms of their other products.
Reply 4
Step can also be for people with NO credit. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending