Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a birthmark - i think i used to, on one of my baby teeth, but it then it fell out.

My mum has quite a big birthmark on her forehead. To be honest i quite like them - provide a bit of individuality. x

ReputationRep:
    I have a small one on my back. But my hair usually covers it.

ReputationRep:
    Huge one top of my right arm. Do not give a damn about it and go shirtless often...though that one time to school was probably stupid....

ReputationRep:
    I've got a birthmark in the shape of australia on the lower part of my stomach but is covered up by trousers but it doesnt bother me. i've also got a tiny bit on the side of my leg where its really pale (must b a lack of melanin or something) which is the opposite 2 what birthmarks usually are but its definately not a scar!

ReputationRep:
    I have one on the inside of my right leg, just below the knee. It's quite dark, circular, about 1.5cm wide. I'd never really thought about being self conscious about it, so i guess that's a no! People rarely see it and if they do they don't care, I'm not going to try to hide it.
    Cxx

ReputationRep:
    is it risky or dangerous or anything to laser it off?

ReputationRep:
    every one has one
    internal or extrenal

depends were it is.
    ive only ever heard of one person dying of a birth mark and thats cause it was on her heart (did try googling it but i can't find it.. was ages ago_)

ReputationRep:
    I've got one on my brain. Found out last year when I ahd an MRI scan.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is my inside left leg. It's ~6x~3inches in size, it's dark, and stands out. Which to be quite honest, frustrates me slightly as it stands out so brilliantly - Melalin overdose.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's not really the same thing but I have a third nipple, and I think it's class.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have one on my neck and it doesn't bother me really as it's not too big... however very occasionally it gives people (mainly my mates) an excuse to tease me by asking me if it's a lovebite as it just happens to be about that size. Grrreat...

ReputationRep:
    mne and my sister have the same birth mark in the same place:eek::eek: or is that a beuty mark t's 2.5 cm wide

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one. I do have a wierd mutation on my ear, kind of like a dent that looks like a pierce hole from behind. Made from having 2 lobes almost i think, but thats only by feel, people only notice when I point it out.

They do however notice the scar on my forehead i got from running into a wall aged 6.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.