Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Firstly my mum wont let me have a treadmill in the house. How bad is that?

Im wondering if travelling 45 minutes on a bus to get to the gym at uni is stupid i mean would any of you do this or is it a bit abnormal?

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't do it. The 45 minutes could be spent running or jogging.

If the type of exercise you want to do requires the equipment the gym offers than it isn't ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    going to the gym is better.. more facilities and more people.. can get tips from people or help. and it wil be cheaper than buying a treadmill..... plus treadmills are really loud.. you dont notice it in the gym cos the music is blaring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)

Im wondering if travelling 45 minutes on a bus to get to the gym at uni is stupid i mean would any of you do this or is it a bit abnormal?
    Go for a run

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderlusted)
    No, I wouldn't do it. The 45 minutes could be spent running or jogging.

If the type of exercise you want to do requires the equipment the gym offers than it isn't ridiculous.
    well ive nothing else to do over summer so theres no worry about wasting time lol. All i want to use is a treadmill though (im too embarassed to jog in the street plus other runners at my club i know will see me i wanna get fit in private)

ReputationRep:
    well ive nothing else to do over summer so theres no worry about wasting time lol. All i want to use is a treadmill though (im too embarassed to jog in the street plus other runners at my club i know will see me i wanna get fit in private)
    hehe why are you embarrassed? do you run weirdly? You could always run when its dark....

down goes the sun.. go for a run

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se77en)
    hehe why are you embarrassed? do you run weirdly? You could always run when its dark....

down goes the sun.. go for a run
    well its not just jogging, i wanna train where you increase your speed over so much time and id look like a moron sprinting down the street.
    You can increase the gradient on treadmills which will be useful since im training for 200m.
    Its people i know seeing my thats embarrasing i kinda want people at my club to think my progress and ability is 'natural'

ReputationRep:
    well its not just jogging, i wanna train where you increase your speed over so much time and id look like a moron sprinting down the street.
    You can increase the gradient on treadmills which will be useful since im training for 200m.
    Its people i know seeing my thats embarrasing i kinda want people at my club to think my progress and ability is 'natural'
    hehe can you really train for a sprint on a treadmill?.. I mean you'll be going flat out.. if you misplace your footing you'll go flying! you should go to a local running track

ReputationRep:
    Or train like Rocky in Rocky 4 !
    Start jogging in the early hours of the morning (4:00am)!

ReputationRep:
    hehe can you really train for a sprint on a treadmill?.. I mean you'll be going flat out.. if you misplace your footing you'll go flying!

I nearly died when i read that. choked on my pepsi.. :pepsi:

ReputationRep:
    hehe can you really train for a sprint on a treadmill?.. I mean you'll be going flat out.. if you misplace your footing you'll go flying! you should go to a local running track
    nooo im doing sprinting seperately at the track at the club. Its just i lack the endurance right near the end of the race. Im quite fast though i cant maintain that exact speed all through so running quite fast on a treadmill should help.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing to do is go out jogging in discrete clothes, plain as possible and dont go jogging through busy areas. The gym is a social arena, were people go to show off, and only muscle that grows is tongue....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalibantre)
    I nearly died when i read that. choked on my pepsi.. :pepsi:
    wel you could do me a favour and get into the green gem club........

ReputationRep:
    i tried...

ReputationRep:

Last year, I went into a mad work-out phase and got my dad to buy me my own treadmill. How many times have I used it? A total of six (I prefer running outside).

That said, I'd recommend going to the gym - lots more equipment and you can go with friends.

ReputationRep:
    How much did the treadmilll cost?

Gives me an idea for a thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    How much did the treadmilll cost?

Gives me an idea for a thread...
    About $2500 - that's mid-range.
    Not sure of the pound conversion but I'm guessing somewhere around 1250?

ReputationRep:
    Jeez. Dollars as well. Stick it on E-Bay luv...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.