Turn on thread page Beta

walking away from a fight? watch

ReputationRep:
    When people say it takes more courage to walk away from a fight i dont understand :confused: What if the person is too scared to fight so walks away which happens in most cases, this isn't courage.

Anyone disagree?

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on the manner and context in which you do it.

If you cry and run away, then well...yeah. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    load of tosh. "more courage" my ass.

its just a case of realising that fighting in the street is lame and walking away. no courage is required.

ReputationRep:
    would be funny if you mooned them while walking away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se77en)
    would be funny if you mooned them while walking away
    Then you'd get a foot up your arse.

ReputationRep:
    When people say it takes more courage to walk away from a fight i dont understand What if the person is too scared to fight so walks away which happens in most cases, this isn't courage.
    If that statement is true, then I'm the most courageous bugger on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paranoid_teen)
    If that statement is true, then I'm the most courageous bugger on this forum.
    lol so why does the saying exist? Is it just a way to try and prevent kids from fighting

ReputationRep:
    I think its one of those things told to kids to stop the doing things like

"don't do that. the man will shout"

what man???

ReputationRep:
    I would say so, yes, but, it's not impossible to imagine a situation where it seems applicable.

ReputationRep:
    fighting is silly anyway. if you want the job done, come back with hammers or other assorted tools of the trade. wont be a fight then, but the desired effect will be more probable.

ReputationRep:
    yeh it depends on the situation. it causes both people involved to break away form the system and calm everything down a little.

ReputationRep:
    Well sometimes it does take more courage to stand down. What if like 200 people from school turned up to watch you fight another kid from school and all your mates were there supporting you and you suddenly realise you don't want to fight this guy.... (and not necessarily because you were afraid of him, either).

What course of action would require more courage in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    It seems that desire to fight is innately within us, so sometimes it can take an awful lot of self control and courage to stand down, when to go for someone physically can actually seem the right thing to do.

Maybe you're in a superhero situation where intervention by physical violence would be the most effective method of righting a wrong. Stand down and potentially let wrongdoing be committed? Put 'em up and save the day? You can argue that any real man would surely go for the fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    When people say it takes more courage to walk away from a fight i dont understand :confused: What if the person is too scared to fight so walks away which happens in most cases, this isn't courage.

Anyone disagree?

walking away, is basically admitting that your scared, rather than staying and fighting it out, you have more courage because your willing to admit that you get scared and your not a fighting person, where as other people fight because they feel they have to put on a frount, that is no courage thats just pathetic!

ReputationRep:
    Well sometimes it does take more courage to stand down. What if like 200 people from school turned up to watch you fight another kid from school and all your mates were there supporting you and you suddenly realise you don't want to fight this guy.... (and not necessarily because you were afraid of him, either).

What course of action would require more courage in this situation?
    Those fights never actually happen. Everyone turns up and then the two just stand there asking "Do you know who I am?" and calling each other gay. Then there is a bit of shouting "Hold me back!" to their mates, and pretending to be trying to fight without actually touching. Then one of the mates says "allow it man, that pussio aint worth it" and everyone just goes away. Allways an anticlimax, never a full on fight with knocked out teeth and scarred knuckles.

ReputationRep:
    but isnt running through the yard fun??

we use to have 10 fights a day. that I swear were just started by two people chasing each other and someone shouted fight!

ReputationRep:
    uh oh

this means im the weakest (most un-courageous) person here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    lol so why does the saying exist? Is it just a way to try and prevent kids from fighting
    I refers to if the one who could win the fight decides not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    Those fights never actually happen. Everyone turns up and then the two just stand there asking "Do you know who I am?" and calling each other gay. Then there is a bit of shouting "Hold me back!" to their mates, and pretending to be trying to fight without actually touching. Then one of the mates says "allow it man, that pussio aint worth it" and everyone just goes away. Allways an anticlimax, never a full on fight with knocked out teeth and scarred knuckles.
    When is it the blazer gets taken off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhayleyxx)
    walking away, is basically admitting that your scared, rather than staying and fighting it out, you have more courage because your willing to admit that you get scared and your not a fighting person, where as other people fight because they feel they have to put on a frount, that is no courage thats just pathetic!
    Not always, it's turning away from the fight because you know, for whatever reason it's wrong. doesn't mean your scared at all.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.