Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could anybody enlighten me as to what the format of the test is and as to where I may obtain a specimen copy (I couldn't find one on the Law faculty site)

ReputationRep:
    Well I took the law test four years ago and so the format may well have changed since then. When I did it, the test varied from College to College and so there weren't any specimen papers.

In any event, the questions I did were based on a short passage explaining what the law on a particular topic is, together with a passage explaining a factual situation. We were then asked to use the two passages to explain what we think should happen in the factual situation given.

EG:
    Passage 1: An explanation of the law of theft
    Passage 2: A discription of someone putting a can of beans in their pocket but not leaving the shop
    Question: Has the person committed theft?

Not very helpful, I know, but hey! I was in Lincoln College, by the way so if that's where you're applying to, let me know and I can tell you a bit about the tutors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmyrimmy)
    Well I took the law test four years ago and so the format may well have changed since then. When I did it, the test varied from College to College and so there weren't any specimen papers.

In any event, the questions I did were based on a short passage explaining what the law on a particular topic is, together with a passage explaining a factual situation. We were then asked to use the two passages to explain what we think should happen in the factual situation given.

EG:
    Passage 1: An explanation of the law of theft
    Passage 2: A discription of someone putting a can of beans in their pocket but not leaving the shop
    Question: Has the person committed theft?

Not very helpful, I know, but hey! I was in Lincoln College, by the way so if that's where you're applying to, let me know and I can tell you a bit about the tutors.
    well, I am applying to Pembroke but, thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    well, I am applying to Pembroke but, thanks anyway!
    your applying for law? good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    your applying for law? good luck
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    i dont kno what i wanna be.......but i was thinking abobut corporate lawyer they start out at a 100000 soooo itd b an excellent job!

ReputationRep:
    i dont kno what i wanna be.......but i was thinking abobut corporate lawyer they start out at a 100000 soooo itd b an excellent job!
    I am personally not interested in commercial law so much...constitutional Law i.e the EU, reform of the House of Lords is quite appealing to me at the mo...I am not sure if I am going to train as a lawyer because I have applied for the subject really much more out of interest

ReputationRep:
    You can put your name into relevant bits of the signature

ReputationRep:
    You can put your name into relevant bits of the signature
    yeah i was thinking about that too, becoming a supreme court lawyer....but first you'd have to get some experience.....ill do that thnks (that was about the sig)

ReputationRep:
    All the Oxford tests are here - I don't see a law one though.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.