Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll let you wade through the whole article at your leisure.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/focu...1446294,00.html
    Thanks Howard .
    *wades*

Although this is obviously left-wing media lies, coming from the guardian and all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)
    So 4 times less white people are victims of racial crime. Victims is another story. As foolfarian has shown, you are several more times likely to be a victim of racial crime being a minority because you are... well a minority-- there's less of you.
    I should have thought that was obvious without doing a statistical analysis of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    Thanks Howard .
    *wades*

Although this is obviously left-wing media lies, coming from the guardian and all :rolleyes:
    Written by the Devil himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    Why?
    Even if we dishonestly added the polish plumbers to our figures for majority ethnics and they turned out to be virulently anti-czech and loved nothing better than a spot of czech bashing, given their tiny numbers they would have to charter planes and drag half of Prague here to deliver their gleeful kickings - we'd have heard about it surely?

Actually it would be much better not to refer to people based on the colour of their skin in the first place
    I agree with that sentiment, though even the tags white and black don't really refer to skin colour. Wouldn't it be nice if today's British Blacks could say as did Samuel Coleridge Taylor, "I am an Englishman" - before demanding special schooling, youth clubs, health services, job advancement, university places et al...

ReputationRep:
    Even if we dishonestly added the polish plumbers to our figures for majority ethnics and they turned out to be virulently anti-czech and loved nothing better than a spot of czech bashing, given their tiny numbers they would have to charter planes and drag half of Prague here to deliver their gleeful kickings - we'd have heard about it surely?
    There are more eastern european countries, it's not just Poland and the Czech Republic over there.

I agree with that sentiment, though even the tags white and black don't really refer to skin colour. Wouldn't it be nice if today's British Blacks could say as did Samuel Coleridge Taylor, "I am an Englishman" - before demanding special schooling, youth clubs, health services, job advancement, university places et al...
    You respond to a statement about not treating people by their skin colour by agreeing and then criticizing black people O_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    In 1999 there were a staggering 280,000 incidents which were considered by the victim to be racially motivated. That's a lotta racism.
    [/SIZE]
    Can you please define an "incident"? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    They count inter-white racism too. And considering racism towards scots increased by 300% recently, that's a lot of racism. Personally, I know one white british person racially abused because of being white. I can name 10 cases of the opposite, including myself.

ReputationRep:
    a big problem with the laws is that the "victim" only has to say they believe it was racially motivated for it to become so.

a complete shambles.

ReputationRep:
    Is this law, or your interpretation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Is this law, or your interpretation?
    its was part of the explanation of a northern ireland order relating to race and racial crime given to me.

ReputationRep:
    An order? As in you were studying it or you were issued with one?

ReputationRep:
    An order? As in you were studying it or you were issued with one?
    many laws (possibly all, im not 100% sure) are usually given as "orders" when referring to northern ireland.

a relevant one would be "Race Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1997"

ReputationRep:
    The thing which annoys me most about this topic is the way in which the topic starter uses the new 'minority ethnic' term rather than 'ethnic minority.'

There really is no difference between the terms and I don't see how one is more/less offensive than the other. It sounds to me like he/she is trying to make some kind of point by using 'minority ethnic,' such as 'look at me, I'm more "in touch" with society than you fools.' It's bugging me.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - I didn't know that.

Was that mostly used for British/Irish racism, or increasing racism against small ethnic minorities, especially from a minority in the unionist community?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - I didn't know that.

Was that mostly used for British/Irish racism, or increasing racism against small ethnic minorities, especially from a minority in the unionist community?
    its used against racism wherever its supposedly occuring.

ReputationRep:
    280,000 race crimes.
    98,000 or 35% of race-crimes were committed against minority ethnics.
    Meaning 182,000 or 65% of race-crimes committed against majority ethnics (Whites).

Do these facts square with the rhetoric from the media and politicians?
    Isn't it clear that minority crime and racism is minimised and excused, while incidents of White racism are exploited to win ethnic minority market and voter share?

What is the effect on the self image and self esteem of Whites when they are disproportionately victimised first by racist minority criminals, and then by the media and politicians?

Will anti-White bias create increasing resentment among Whites, leading to more support for the BNP and a backlash against even the more valid forms of minority 'identity politics'?

Related link I posted in the PC thread

That's what my post is about, any replies?

I've just had a look at the BNP website and I assure you they think this problem is worth exploiting - their intuition was proven right at the election. Head in the sand denial is not going to pacify white victims or stop the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    Arthur - I have suffered racist abuse becuase of my non english name. I am white. Where do I come in in the figues?

If a white English person racially abuses a Scot, this is classed as a remark against a white person.

Do these figures tally with anyone's experiences?

ReputationRep:
    Arthur - I have suffered racist abuse becuase of my non english name. I am white. Where do I come in in the figues?

If a white English person racially abuses a Scot, this is classed as a remark against a white person.

Do these figures tally with anyone's experiences?

I dunno mate, it depends on whether you're an ethnic minority or not. I know how you feel when people insult you or think less of you because of your background but try not to let it get you down. Often it's innocent stupidity and when it's deliberately malicious it says more about the person doing the name calling.

The figures tally perfectly with the experiences of those surveyed in 1999. If things had 'improved' since then I rather suspect the later survey and observer article would have made that plain, makes me suspect minorities still commit more race crimes.

Chin up lad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    Britain comparitively with other countries, like the USA where in some places it is still frowned upon to thank black waiters, is rather tolerant in general.
    That's BS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    [B]Do these facts square with the rhetoric from the media and politicians?
    Isn't it clear that minority crime and racism is minimised and excused, while incidents of White racism are exploited to win ethnic minority market and voter share?
    Yes, that obviously happens a lot. Most people would make the assumption that if a white person attacked a black person that some form of racial motivation must be involved (you do it subconsciously, ah come on you lefties even you can admit it). The opposite isn't true, if a black attacks a white most people wouldn't immediately think of racial motivations. It's the way todays PC society has taken us with hyper sensitive blacks suing anyone for the most spurious of reasons using the race card, naturally if the case gets thrown out it must be because the judge/jury is racist so they'll run off to Europe and some overly PC eurocrat will give them lots of our money.

What is the effect on the self image and self esteem of Whites when they are disproportionately victimised first by racist minority criminals, and then by the media and politicians?
    We get disillusioned and form extreme groups.

http://www.vnnforum.com/
    http://www.stormfront.org/

etc

Will anti-White bias create increasing resentment among Whites, leading to more support for the BNP and a backlash against even the more valid forms of minority 'identity politics'?
    Yep.

Good thread!

Andrew

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.