The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
stinky908
M05 ftw!

What is this interactive "who wants to be a millionaire" style device we get during freshers week?

Just this voting pad to make lectures more interesting/engaging

The lecturer might ask a question and then the whole yr group responds at once and we see the results on the screen - kind of useful i guess
Reply 841
Jules65
Just this voting pad to make lectures more interesting/engaging

The lecturer might ask a question and then the whole yr group responds at once and we see the results on the screen - kind of useful i guess

We only used these about 5 times in the whole year! They're quite good though so maybe they're planning on getting them out more
Reply 842
I have applied to Birmingham University for Medicine. They have contacted me about an interview at the end of November. However, they have metioned about a question that I need to prepare for 15 minutes before my interview. Has anyone had an interview from Birmingham and what type of question were you asked?
Have they given you the question!? I was interviewed last year and it was a surprise for us it’s basically a sheet with a problem on. Mine was about blood pressure and I wouldn’t have been able to prepare for it unless they gave me the question, I think they may be trying to copy oxford style interview a bit. I got mine completely wrong (apart from knowing the ideal blood pressure) and my interview didn’t go very well and I still managed to get in here! I would worry too much just try to be yourself and most people that have interviews get offers I think its like 70-80% so you would have to seriously annoy them for them not to give you an offer! Good luck hope everything goes well!
Reply 844
Hi i been given an interview date 9th march and was wondering if there were any tips as to wht they like to hear and wht types of questions they like to ask :smile: any help would be most appreciated !
ok im considering applying here in the forseeable future and i was just wondering if Birmingham Uni accepts OCR Level 2 National Certificate as GCSE equivalents.
I got distinction which equates to A*A*AA and i was wondering if i could count these grades as part of my application?
Thanks in Advance
Reply 846
Hii,

can you guys tell me what it will cost to rent a room near birmingham medical school?
as close as possible?

and hw the room s are normally.
Reply 847
Original post by reallys
Hii,

can you guys tell me what it will cost to rent a room near birmingham medical school?
as close as possible?

and hw the room s are normally.

Most people live in the selly oak area (about a 15-20 min walk from medschool)
Rent varies from £50 a week (for a basic room in a basic house) to £90-100 a week (for a room with ensuite and plasma tv and state of the art kitchen etc) Sometimes bills will be included, but most of the time you need to pay them on top of the rent.

I pay £63 a week for a room in a very nice house with everything I need, but it depend on what you want to pay and what you want in your room/house.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 848
Original post by My-My-My
Most people live in the selly oak area (about a 15-20 min walk from medschool)
Rent varies from £50 a week (for a basic room in a basic house) to £90-100 a week (for a room with ensuite and plasma tv and state of the art kitchen etc) Sometimes bills will be included, but most of the time you need to pay them on top of the rent.

I pay £63 a week for a room in a very nice house with everything I need, but it depend on what you want to pay and what you want in your room/house.

so you have to pay your bills as well?
And how many students are in your house?, roughly how many minutes away from medschool?
Reply 849
Original post by reallys
so you have to pay your bills as well?
And how many students are in your house?, roughly how many minutes away from medschool?

yeah, we pay about £10 a month for gas and electricity (more in winter)
I live with other medics, there are 6 of us and we all share the kitchen, living room and bathrooms
Reply 850
yeah, we pay about £10 a month for gas and electricity (more in winter)
I live with other medics, there are 6 of us and we all share the kitchen, living room and bathrooms

so do you all rent a whole house and then share it? between yourself?
Reply 851
Original post by reallys
so do you all rent a whole house and then share it? between yourself?

Yeah, we rented the whole house as a group but there are plenty of single rooms in selly oak as well.
Reply 852
Yeah, we rented the whole house as a group but there are plenty of single rooms in selly oak as well.

how much is a house to rent out per month?
Reply 853
Original post by reallys
how much is a house to rent out per month?

Nearly all the rents are per week per person. But you can just calculate the monthly rent eg for our house
63 a week x 6 people = 378
(378 x 52week a year)/12 months a year = 1638 for the whole house per month

so £273 per person per month

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending