Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i found Higher Tier easier than Paper 5 (non calc). i've got to say that this years papers have been dissappointing. No questions on nth tem, completing the square, histograms, box plots and standard deviation came up.

ReputationRep:
    yep thats gud wantA*, i dont think it matter 0.32 it s just as long as your working is clear and it leads to the right answer lol

ReputationRep:
    standard deviation isnt in the sylabus any more so really it isnt surprising it didnt come up really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yep thats gud wantA*, i dont think it matter 0.32 it s just as long as your working is clear and it leads to the right answer lol
    thanks mtbab!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx007)
    i found Higher Tier easier than Paper 5 (non calc). i've got to say that this years papers have been dissappointing. No questions on nth tem, completing the square, histograms, box plots and standard deviation came up.
    standard deviation is no longer part of the syllabus thats why, that answers one q.
    a slight nth term came up in the investment q, but i know what type of q you mean and i;m glad they didnt come up.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone - yeah I think that paper went great .
    Could do most of the questions. One dead silly easy question I messed up was the one about the mean. To calculate the mean you have to multiply the the middle of the range by the frequency not the highest value! Duh!

Silly me! Anyway that question was worth 4 marks as well... But I showed my working so how many marks would i get for that lol? I got the method just multiplied the wrong numbers! What a clot...

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the Compound Intrest question? For the second part I got 1200 and something and the 1st part I dont remember???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    standard deviation is no longer part of the syllabus thats why, that answers one q.
    a slight nth term came up in the investment q, but i know what type of q you mean and i;m glad they didnt come up.
    was standard deviation in the syllabus last year??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx007)
    I think SD has been out of the syllabus since 2003?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WantA*)
    What did people get for the Compound Intrest question? For the second part I got 1200 and something and the 1st part I dont remember???
    same 1200 something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx007)
    i dont think so, i'm not sure i just remember that we were told it was no longer in the syllabus and so we didnt learn it. I only used it for my coursework and that was it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londongirl)
    same 1200 something
    Yesssssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WantA*)
    for the 1st part i got 4.5 and the 2nd part i got 1205.86

ReputationRep:
    i got that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    i dont think so, i'm not sure i just remember that we were told it was no longer in the syllabus and so we didnt learn it. I only used it for my coursework and that was it.
    was that the data hadling? i used standard deviation in it. i got 887 for it. what did u get??

ReputationRep:
    yeah 4.5 that's it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx007)
    for the 1st part i got 4.5 and the 2nd part i got 1205.86
    Ditto...!

1.045^20 * 500...

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know what came over me but for part 1 of the probabo;oty i got 7/25 and for part 2 i made it £400! am i stupid or is there a logical explaination behind this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx007)
    was that the data hadling? i used standard deviation in it. i got 887 for it. what did u get??
    Yea it was coursework i think i got 877

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx007)
    yeh it was data handlin mayfield or whatever i cant remember, lol it was May2004!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.