Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no standard deviation is not on the syllabus anymore. neither is rational or irrational numbers.

ReputationRep:
    PAWZ no youre not stupid youre just suffering from discommonsensability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WantA*)
    Yea it was coursework i think i got 877
    tha data handling is the coursework that is worth 10% of ur final grade

ReputationRep:
    rational and irrational were wernt they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx007)
    tha data handling is the coursework that is worth 10% of ur final grade
    hated maths coursework i just hated it, lol and we never got told our marks soo i'll never know

ReputationRep:
    me neither, it is annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    hated maths coursework i just hated it, lol and we never got told our marks soo i'll never know
    i was told it was 887 and then that my work was chosen to go to the exam board. my marks might have changed but i hope not :confused: unless it goes higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx007)
    i was told it was 887 and then that my work was chosen to go to the exam board. my marks might have changed but i hope not :confused: unless it goes higher
    lol! if youre lucky. anyway cya people good luck with chemistry 2moro, and for the few people who have now finished their gcse's lucky you, cya

ReputationRep:
    i did really well on the beyond pythagoras coursework, but my stats coursework was ridiculously difficult, i think i got a B or something. my work go chosen to be sent off too, now im really worried that they might mark me down.

ReputationRep:
    To the person claiming rational/irrational has been dropped....er no it hasn't. St Dev has.

That paper was very easy I thought. Easier than non-calc (for me, they always are). I checked everything through about 3 times because I had quite a lot of time left so I am very confident!

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I think they've moved standard deviation to the statistics papers! Does anyone know what the stats coursework is out of?? i got 31 which my teacher said was good, but i dont know what its out of?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the Trial and Improvement question?

ReputationRep:
    3.3 or 4.3. cant remember but something with .3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    Yea, I think they've moved standard deviation to the statistics papers! Does anyone know what the stats coursework is out of?? i got 31 which my teacher said was good, but i dont know what its out of?
    i got 22/24. My teacher said it is an A and i think it is an A*.lol. I think cwk is 25% or 20%. 20% probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottomness)
    i got 17 for the reasons explained in other posts
    i think we need to stop with the van question, as there is no way of showing which is right
    No, you are right. It Was 17.

Why would they have specifically added the 'safely' bit? Its obvious that you have to round down in these situations, so the 'safely' wasn't refering to that. It was there to empahsise that the space available had to be the lower bound (1150) and the blocks had to be the upper bound (55).

ReputationRep:
    Yea, but it said "if his assumptions are correct, what's the most he could safely get in" or somthing I think. Which means that if he was right and it is to 2sf and 1sf or whatever then the most he can get in is 22.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WantA*)
    What did you guys get for the Trial and Improvement question?

A lot of people put 3.4 because it LOOKED (superficially) closer to 24, because it was 25.something when 3.3 was 22.something. But 3.3 was right...(yay, patting myself on back)

ReputationRep:
    yay, i put 3.4 first, then changed it to 3.3.

ReputationRep:
    what surd question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSiky)
    Yea, but it said "if his assumptions are correct, what's the most he could safely get in" or somthing I think. Which means that if he was right and it is to 2sf and 1sf or whatever then the most he can get in is 22.
    The "safest" thing to do is take the truck lower boundary and the block higher boundary. Because you must assume that the truck carries a certain weight and it will be more unsafe if you take the higher boundary...cos then more blocks will fit (with the resultant calculation) even if the truck isn't able to carry the load. And taking the lower block boundary would also be more unsafe because the blocks COULD be heavier than the lower boundary.

So you do the LOWER truck boundary divided by the HIGHER block boundary.....i.e. 1150/65 = 17.69.... = 17 blocks.

But many got it wrong suggesting that qu was very badly worded....so working marks will be handed out willy nilly I presume

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.