The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You have as good a chance as everyone else. :smile:
Reply 2
Gnamakala
Im a French student applying for king's undergraduate medical course.

Could somebody tell me what are my chances to be invited to interview under the following circumstances: i have the equivalent of 4 A's at A-level, a very strong personal statement, 630 at UKCAT, 1year work experience as waiter and cashier plus a 3month observation at a GP's office?

Thanks in advance!:smile:

Strong PS, Isn't that a little subjective? Good Work XP though :smile:
Reply 3
Your UKCAT score might be a bit low for Kings.
Reply 4
v1oXx-
Your UKCAT score might be a bit low for Kings.

OP has the the equivalent of 4As at A-Level. So in that sense the UKCAT plays less of a role. I asked :smile:
Reply 5
Gnamakala
Im a French student applying for king's undergraduate medical course.

Could somebody tell me what are my chances to be invited to interview under the following circumstances: i have the equivalent of 4 A's at A-level, a very strong personal statement, 630 at UKCAT, 1year work experience as waiter and cashier plus a 3month observation at a GP's office?

Thanks in advance!:smile:

They have 3500 applicants a year.

Your stuff looks very good but just know that it is VERY competitive and some people might actually out do you in more areas.
Reply 6
Thank you for the answers
Okay, peoples. Let's all gather here, King's applicants. Let's bring nothing but positivity to this thread! :thumbsup:

:hmmm:

Just trying to bring some visual motivation here...
What was YOur results?
My results are fine :smile:, yours?
Good luck you wise decision makers! :wink:
January 6th, 2009...around 7pm...just a week before my first exam...sad, bad times. :p:

Good luck to you all. Keep yourselves preoccupied with your studying and please, don't obsess about it.
My school got an email from Kings College, that they have a special course for applicants to do medicine with BBC aswel as AAB
Mushi_master
Good luck you wise decision makers! :wink:

You must be having the time of your life right now...

*jealousy*
i'm no superman
January 6th, 2009...around 7pm...just a week before my first exam...sad, bad times. :p:

Good luck to you all. Keep yourselves preoccupied with your studying and please, don't obsess about it.

Oh dear. :frown: That would actually kill me. Figuratively.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
You must be having the time of your life right now...

*jealousy*

Yep, those enthralling lectures I just had on medical statistics and public health made me see the light in my decision! :p:

On the other hand, the lead anatomy/dissection dude is pure legend, really can't wait to get slicing now!
Mushi_master
Yep, those enthralling lectures I just had on medical statistics and public health made me see the light in my decision! :p:

On the other hand, the lead anatomy/dissection dude is pure legend, really can't wait to get slicing now!

Dissection! Nooo! You're getting me overexcited about med school now!
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Dissection! Nooo! You're getting me overexcited about med school now!

Acccording to dissection dude, King's is of course the only place you'll learn proper anatomy. :p:

*awaits onslaught from other London medics*
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Oh dear. :frown: That would actually kill me. Figuratively.
It was upsetting but I think it's easy to get caught up and let it get to you when it really shouldn't. Just view each of your choices as hurdles. If you knock one over, you gotta pick yourself right back up and keep on running...even if you knock all four, do another lap and try again.
Reply 19
Hell Yeah! I would seriously give ANYTHING to get into King's.

My UKCAT on Monday shall decide my fate. :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending