Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have a sneaky feeling the only topic i dont know is gonna come up in ocr A module 6. then again it came up in january. what are the features and properties of electromagnetic waves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    i have a sneaky feeling the only topic i dont know is gonna come up in ocr A module 6. then again it came up in january. what are the features and properties of electromagnetic waves?
    Don't worry, read through the chapter summaries and then make notes on the markschemes, you'll notice that the same points come up over and over again, you'll be fine . Unlike me who's inadequate at formulae manipultions and get questions blatantly wrong .........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRLX69)
    Don't worry, read through the chapter summaries and then make notes on the markschemes, you'll notice that the same points come up over and over again, you'll be fine . Unlike me who's inadequate at formulae manipultions and get questions blatantly wrong .........
    i suppose :rolleyes: i'm going through the synoptic papers and marskchemes looking at how the wordier questions work. hehe - kinetic energy and momentum go well together, as does comparing energies across the board. i been trying to think of stuff like the above that could come up, but my mind is hitting blanks..

ReputationRep:
    Properties of EM waves:

travel at speed c
    Propagate through free space
    Have a magnetic and electric field component.
    Direction of propacation and the planes of E & B are all mutually perpendicular.
    magnitude of |E| = C|B| (you dont need to know that)

Examples include light, IR, UV etc

I think that is about it. Cant think of any more at the mo

ReputationRep:
    -Transverse wave
    - Direction of oscillations is perpendicular to the direction of travel of wave. Or propagation
    - c
    - Travel through vacuum
    - CAN be polarised

Simple easy does it... sure it'l get some marks though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LT0918)
    -Transverse wave
    - Direction of oscillations is perpendicular to the direction of travel of wave. Or propagation
    - c
    - Travel through vacuum
    - CAN be polarised

Simple easy does it... sure it'l get some marks though
    it doesnt have to propagate through a vacuum. The point is it can propagate through a vacuum - unlike everything else

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.