Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just looked at chapter 1 and im finding it so hard......i really want to cry

I should have gone to my lessons this year i think. Ne way ive got 5 days to learn central concepts and the genetics module, does anyone have any tips??

ReputationRep:
    i hate central concepts too. i started making notes but then i was just copying the book and wasted about 1day not taking anything in. so know ive resorted to highlighting the text book which is working for me.

ReputationRep:
    get the syllabus and make notes based on that. just enough so u know an answer to evrything on the syllabus.. i managed to do this all in about 3 days but i work fast.

as soon as you done notes start practicin tha papers, and make sure you look at the mark schemes after so you can see how you're meant to answer all of the questions.

you're gonna have to work for the 5 days solid, but if u put something on tv that isnt distracting but takes your attention every so often then that can help you work for longer periods of time - e.g. cricket

altogether my notes are about 18 sides and that includes a fair few diagrams

ReputationRep:
    I am having lots of problems with central concepts. What I am doing is highlighting what I think are relevant bits in the text book and then writing notes up on those little revision cards you can get. I think it is working, but I haven't attempted any past papers yet.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.