Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *cries* I dont know any of this stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neverfinished)
    i'm dreading anything to do with organic chemistry if i get esters i am stuffed all i know is pear drops!! wen studying esters our teacher gave us pear drops and told us to suck them lol, *reminisces* good old days*. also i can't do equilibrium and le chatelier's principle!!! ah wel
    i have no idea what your talking about
    **** im going to fail *cries*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niaya)
    LOL dw mate, i can't do chemistry either....ironically yet another 1 I'm doing next year.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    God, when it asks me to find a formula or do an ionic equation (what the hell is that?!!) I just get lost.
    Aren't ionic equations just the half equations at the electrodes, so u show the ions and electrons e.g. in extraction of copper
    cathode equation: Cu2+ + 2e- goes to Cu
    annode equation: Cu goes to Cu2+ + 2e-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niaya)
    Thats what I thought .

All I know is esters smell like glue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    Thats what I thought .

All I know is esters smell like glue.
    geting vauge memories

there in nail varnish as well i think - dont think that will help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine89)
    based on previous papers-what particular topics do you think are guarateed to come up?
    THere's gonna be a question to draw an ionic bond or covalent bond in an atom. And summit about teh haber process no doubt. But it's hard to define the questions cos they always pick out the snooty little bits that no-one seems to learn

ReputationRep:
    lol, i'm kinda looking forward to chemish coz its my last exam this week, and i can do chemistry, i dreading physics, i hate it soo much and our teacher can tteacher, our head of physics even told us that he hasnt got a degree in it, just a A-level, i mean come on, he's the worst teacher in the world.

Also people i hate rocks, not because their hard, its just their soo boring you never learn them properly coz you get bored, lol

ReputationRep:
    my physics teacher was a electrician turned plumber, lol he's really nice but incredibly rubbish, he has our attention for abt 2 minutes- physics this year=doss

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i don't understand chemistry either. i'm just learning the syllabus which is all you need. you don't have to understand it just learn it. i haven't even touched my folder.

ReputationRep:
    There's usually always something like "24 grams of x is used to make y, how much z is there?" And you have to calculate relative atomic mass for both substances etc. etc.

There's usually always a covalent or ionic bonding question, and of course something to do with balancing equations. Equillibrium is also a given.

ReputationRep:
    i seriously do not get equilibrium and "moves to the right, to the left" stuff. if only there was someone out there who would explain it all...

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what your on about lol so i cant help

ReputationRep:
    Isnt equilibrium where the reaction is balanced reacting i both directions at the same speed or something?

ReputationRep:
    The dynamic equlibrium is when a reversible reaction reaches the state where there are the same amount of reactants as there is the product. So it is balanced. The eqilibrium can be moved so that you get more product than reactant. (Correct me at all if I'm wrong)

ReputationRep:
    ionic bonding is when atoms gain or lose elcttrons to have become charged particles. they are then attracted to the opposite charge ---- is this rite any1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    The dynamic equlibrium is when a reversible reaction reaches the state where there are the same amount of reactants as there is the product. So it is balanced. The eqilibrium can be moved so that you get more product than reactant. (Correct me at all if I'm wrong)
    do we need to know that coz i swaer the word equillibrium has never come up in a chem lesson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravstar)
    ionic bonding is when atoms gain or lose elcttrons to have become charged particles. they are then attracted to the opposite charge ---- is this rite any1?
    Yeah, losing and gaining electrons is called reduction and oxidation and don't forget about the alkali metals and the halogens. The halogens always gain an electron and become neg charged and the alkali metals loose one. This is because of electron structure (only one in outer shell for group 1 alkali metals ect so they always loose it)

ReputationRep:
    they always pick out the snooty little bits that no-one seems to learn
    LOL!

I think you do need to know equilibrium (sp?), seems important if you ask me. I haven't started yet...eek...and I do Higher Separate Sciences! And I'm doing it next year. I like it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    LOL!

I think you do need to know equilibrium (sp?), seems important if you ask me. I haven't started yet...eek...and I do Higher Separate Sciences! And I'm doing it next year. I like it though.
    lol you best geta learning, arr i cant wait till 1115 am 2moro chemistry will be over and my 3.5day weekend begins (no revision planned, lol)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.