The Student Room Group

What size is my grandmother?

Ok, werid question coming up.

My gran recently lost a lot of weight and her birthday is next week so I want to get her a pair of trousures or skirt. However I have no clue what size she is and neither has my mother because this amount of weight she lost is huge! She's gone from 18/19st to 11.5st in five months! (on a diet her doctor recommended)

Anyway she is about 11.5st in weight and about 5ft 4 in height. Anyone have any clue what size she is.

I would ask her but knowing her she hasn't bought any new clothes and is relying on the estatic and belts.
Next timwe you're at her house have a look in the wardrobe!! Or ask her, but she might not appreciate that! I'd say a 12/14 but u can't be sure, coz weight and height are different for different people! Good luck though :smile:
Or!! Why don't you get her clothes vouchers??
Your Grandmother is about the same weight as my Mum and a similar height too.

My Mum used to fit into size 14, but now she normally goes for size 12 and the occasional size 10 (she is sure clothes are betting bigger as she hasn't lost any weight)

So for your Gran, I'd say a 12 is the best bet, but if you judge the clothes to be smaller or larger than 'average', then go for the size smaller or larger....if it's the wrong size it can always be taken back and swapped :biggrin:
This is a basically my Gran.

My gran hates shopping and avoids it except for Saturdays where my Grandad makes her go so she gets out of the house and exercises by pushing a tollery around.
She is totally relinate on her walking stick and it has three different modes. Reverse, Stop and Wack Grandad (not on purpose or across the head!)
She doesn't buy clothes except her knickers and even then my grandad has to make her and she hates clothes shopping worse than any kind of shopping and makes my mother buy all her clothes and is extermetly fussy over what she'll wear or won't wear. She refuses to try anything on in store.
So if I brought her vouchers, they would go straight back to my mother and my mum won't like me for that one!

Latest

Trending

Trending