Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We spent about a term doing that. The annoying thing was, when I did the question my values didnt fit into the equation :confused: - toher people got them as well.

ReputationRep:
    I kept turning the pages hoping for a really hard trig question in which you'd use the cosine or sine rule so I could feel all proud of myself but nothing too "challenging" came up, damn it.

Personally, I'm disappointed with maths this year. I think I may have over done the revision.

Thanks for those boundaries for last year, Oilcan...not as bad as I thought. About 113/200 to get an A. I've got a CGP marking scheme guide here that says around 67%-76% is an A which would mean like 134/200 for the lowest A. Hopefully it's not that high this year.

ReputationRep:
    i think i did ok considering we only started learning the course in september - we were doin sats last year i answered most of the questions couldnt do the last page i got confused oh and the equation on the histogram page

ReputationRep:
    I'm such an idiot I rushed into the histogram question and thought "wow this is a bit easy..." and the whole ten minutes I had of checking my paper over, I kept skipping the histogram one. Not once did I think "hold on, it was a little bit too easy...perhaps I should look at it again"

Must forget about it. This is going to nag me.

ReputationRep:
    yeh its happend now! no point looking back - whats done is done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    I mean there was no big triangle question where you absolutely had to use them - pythagoras is easier (in my mind anyway) so that doesnt count.
    The big triangle one only required one use of inverse Tangent to work out an angle, and then you could just take it away from 90 degrees to get the answer. Very simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonk)
    I kept turning the pages hoping for a really hard trig question in which you'd use the cosine or sine rule so I could feel all proud of myself but nothing too "challenging" came up, damn it.

Personally, I'm disappointed with maths this year. I think I may have over done the revision.

Thanks for those boundaries for last year, Oilcan...not as bad as I thought. About 113/200 to get an A. I've got a CGP marking scheme guide here that says around 67%-76% is an A which would mean like 134/200 for the lowest A. Hopefully it's not that high this year.
    DW about those cgp things mate. They just say for everyhting 85% is an A* etc for insurance. For my science I only need about 50-60% for an A.

The cgp ones are a lot higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)
    yeh its happend now! no point looking back - whats done is done
    True. I'm always saying that, but there's only so many stupid mistakes one can make without getting bothered. Oh well, must use energy thinking about the next exams rather than old ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oilcan)
    DW about those cgp things mate. They just say for everyhting 85% is an A* etc for insurance. For my science I only need about 50-60% for an A.

The cgp ones are a lot higher.
    Thanks, that's reassuring to know.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was really easy weirdly enough, probably will just balance out the non calculator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I thought that was really easy weirdly enough, probably will just balance out the non calculator
    Yeah, I agree. I think they may be a little bit lower but not masses, as some people presumed after paper 1.

ReputationRep:
    Made a few silly mistakes but that was much, much, much (!) better than the first paper!

ReputationRep:
    It was GREAT. I was shitin over the first 1 so this 1 came at a relief for me. Much easier than i expected.

Last question - didn;t really get the graph stuff. I just put -1 for both answers.

Paper clip question took ages, gt there in the end wid 24 . something.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i got 24. sumthin too - took ages that one - the last question wasn't minus 1 btw but gd guess.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was easier than the first. But i wouldnt say it was easy. Thought it was a little bit hard. Especially that last graphcs question! I was nearly panting. lol

ReputationRep:
    whatr did u get for the cylinder question with the hemisphere below and the question about the 2x^2 - 25x +76 =0 answer? I got 7.28

ReputationRep:
    couldnt do the histograms, last graph double page, that weird algebra one bugged me soooo much, erm rearranging- mine was probably wrong, and the time series doubt if i gona do gd in maths!!! (and i was gona do it next year!!)

ReputationRep:
    IIm sure it will all be okay in the end. If you're that worried, intercept your results and burn thm before anyone sees them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipflop2)
    Paper clip question took ages, gt there in the end wid 24 . something.
    I did that quite quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    IIm sure it will all be okay in the end. If you're that worried, intercept your results and burn thm before anyone sees them.
    LOL yer might just do that...**concocts cunning plan**

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.