Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what did people get as the median to the histogram?

oh yeah the relative frequency question-ive forgotten how to do it
    was it jus to times 0.4 by 40?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got the Median as 102.

On the four point moving average question, everyone got the answer £107?

ReputationRep:
    OMG I got the same median .

No that for the moving average though - £99.5 I think but I had to guess. You're probably right.

ReputationRep:
    i got a 102 thank god
    and for movin average i got £101 i think-i didnt bother revisin moving averages and things like relative frequency they havent come up in the last two years!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    OMG I got the same median .

No that for the moving average though - £99.5 I think but I had to guess. You're probably right.
    I think I put 99.5 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oilcan)
    Yeah. I thought it was ok.

What did we all get for the simplify question with xs and as and bs?

If anyone's interested, these are the grade boundaries for last year

A* = Paper 1 71/100
    Paper 2 78/100
    Cwk = 43/48

A = Paper 1 56/100
    Paper 2 57/100
    Cwk = 37/48

B = Paper 1 39/100
    Paper 2 39/100
    Cwk 31/48
    Hey Olican, do you know the grade boundaries for the other AQA Mathematics B (Modular). I think these grades are for the non-modulars. Thankx loads and good luk for your other exams,

Rudy!

ReputationRep:
    Basically, to continue with the pattern, the moving average should have been about 100 in the last year. But for 100, you needed to make sure the last 3 monetary figures they gave you, plus your own one, added to 400 (so that when divided by 4 (hence 4 point moving average), the moving average is 100). So all you had to do was find the number that when added to the last 3 would make 400. Pretty simple!

ReputationRep:
    hopefully the answer for the moving average will be like 99-102 or something cause doesnt it depend on how you did the line of best fit

ReputationRep:
    aaaw dammit i hope they let me have 101 i was gonna randomly put 100 cause it seemed about right too

(Original post by Mr. Fox)
    Basically, to continue with the pattern, the moving average should have been about 100 in the last year. But for 100, you needed to make sure the last 3 monetary figures they gave you, plus your own one, added to 400 (so that when divided by 4 (hence 4 point moving average), the moving average is 100). So all you had to do was find the number that when added to the last 3 would make 400. Pretty simple!

ReputationRep:
    No, because the moving average can be worked out just by looking at the data they gave you. You didn't need the graph to work out anything.

ReputationRep:
    That was FAAAARRRRRR better than paper 1. there were a couple of questions that got you scratching your noodle but that's what exam papers are meant to do.

ReputationRep:
    They'll let you have 101, it wasn't exact data anyway.

ReputationRep:
    that paper clip question was easy!
    but noo stupid me had to go forget to divide the circumference of the circles by 2!! even though i did it in the first place then realised i had the wrong radi and then forgot to do it the second time arounnnd

ReputationRep:
    didnt think of that

It did say 'predict' though...

Who got the martian question? I said 'yes, the shop claim was justified'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gregorian IV)
    That was FAAAARRRRRR better than paper 1. there were a couple of questions that got you scratching your noodle but that's what exam papers are meant to do.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it wasnt FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR better than paper one - it was harder .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComebackQueen)
    that paper clip question was easy!
    but noo stupid me had to go forget to divide the circumference of the circles by 2!! even though i did it in the first place then realised i had the wrong radi and then forgot to do it the second time arounnnd
    Haha, they gave you the radii anyway, all you needed to do was multiply the measurements by pi :p: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    Haha, they gave you the radii anyway, all you needed to do was multiply the measurements by pi :p: .
    yeah they did give the radi but i wasnt paying close attention the diagram and it tried to trick us cuz there weren't whole numbers it was stuff like 4.7 for length and 0.6 for the radius :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I also put £99.50 for the 4-point moving average graph.

Can someone please explain to me how to do the last question? That was probably the one thing I didn't revise, and I totally didn't understand it. That and the histogram!

But apart from those I totally agree with everyone else, it was A LOT easier than Paper 1 - which is weird because usually the 2nd one is harder. I still think I'm saying goodbye to my precious A* though.. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Lewl!

Actually, AQA didn't pull as many tricks as they could've done. Usually, on questions like the paperweight one, they'd give you the diameter instead of the radius to catch people out...I didn't notice any cunning tricks like that.

EDIT: Why did everyone choose 99.5, when all the others were integers?

ReputationRep:
    the martian thing
    they weren't actually justified as it was 5.95 times bigger so i said no...that could be wrong as they might have expected you to rd up

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.