Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh, the Martian thing. Did he only get 5.95 times bigger?

EDIT: Oh crap, he did.

ReputationRep:
    I think they pulled all the tricks in the first paper - I know I made quite a few stupid mistakes like that in Paper 1.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, it only said the martian's height increased, not any of the other dimensions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    Hang on, it only said the martian's height increased, not any of the other dimensions...
    i cant remember the question exactly
    but i found the scale factor of the height was it? dunno
    and cubed it to get 5.95 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that does work out.

ReputationRep:
    Ok...I got that question wrong...I must have missed something there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComebackQueen)
    hopefully the answer for the moving average will be like 99-102 or something cause doesnt it depend on how you did the line of best fit
    Yeah I guessed at £101 but i think that i'd get marked down coz i didnt show ne working.

ReputationRep:
    i cant remember the question exactly
    but i found the scale factor of the height was it? dunno
    and cubed it to get 5.95 :confused:
    mmmm .... I did get the 5.95 part but I said the claim wasnt justified because some crap but I think it was justified now. Oh well I get the marks for cubing up the length factor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)
    Yeah I guessed at £101 but i think that i'd get marked down coz i didnt show ne working.
    i didnt show any working either! but i used a line of best fit to get my £101 hopefully that will get me a mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candy_Shop)
    mmmm .... I did get the 5.95 part but I said the claim wasnt justified because some crap but I think it was justified now. Oh well I get the marks for cubing up the length factor.
    how comes you think it wasn't justified now though? but surely AQA will allow it be justified as you can rd up to 6 and also not justified as the actual answer is 5.95 oh welll the answer only counts for 1 mark anyhoo :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    Can someone please explain to me how to do the last question? That was probably the one thing I didn't revise, and I totally didn't understand it.
    Basically you were given an original equation of the curved line and then a new equation, all you need to do is take away the 2nd eqation from the original, for (B) i think it was you had to draw the line y = 1 and read of the x values and for (C) you had to take it away again and draw the line y = - x + 1 or something. I can't really explain it very well but basically you take away the 2nd equation from the original:
    e.g
    Original line = 4x + 4 = y
    - next line = 3x -5 = 0

= x + 9 = y must be plotted

Hope this helps!!!

ReputationRep:
    i didnt show any working either! but i used a line of best fit to get my £101 hopefully that will get me a mark
    Bummer line of best fit - i new i forgot something. it was three marks for nothing really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)
    Basically you were given an original equation of the curved line and then a new equation, all you need to do is take away the 2nd eqation from the original, for (B) i think it was you had to draw the line y = 1 and read of the x values and for (C) you had to take it away again and draw the line y = - x + 1 or something. I can't really explain it very well but basically you take away the 2nd equation from the original:
    e.g
    Original line = 4x + 4 = y
    - next line = 3x -5 = 0

= x + 9 = y must be plotted

Hope this helps!!!
    aaah *******s i didnt do that i was jus doin any old nonsense oh well thats 5 marks down the drain what did you get X as though

ReputationRep:
    what did you get X as though
    to be honest i really can't remember it was something like 0.3, -1.7 fiddly numbers

ReputationRep:
    ****, did we have to draw on the line of best fit? I thought it just said to plot the remaining points?

ReputationRep:
    dunno it didn't tell us too - if you didn't include any working then probably best to have done one

ReputationRep:
    What working would there have been?

ReputationRep:
    dunno but it cudnt have been 3 marks just for the answer - there were about 4 lines for working of some kind

ReputationRep:
    i think you are tlkin bout different parts the question
    the line of the best fit was for workin out the amount for the last quarter of 2004...right?

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh so we are yeh for working out the 4th quatre (B) u mite hav needed to do a best of fit line

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.