CCEA Maths Calc paper today? (Higher) Watch

This discussion is closed.
MissMouse
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
If anyone did it, wat did ya think? I thought it was better than the non calc one, hopefully it was! I didnt like the last question though - very hard imo. wat did u all think?
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kezalite)
If anyone did it, wat did ya think? I thought it was better than the non calc one, hopefully it was! I didnt like the last question though - very hard imo. wat did u all think?
i done the intermediate paper.........i sooo have to repeat maths next year :bawling: xoxo
hate_xams
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kezalite)
Yeah i thought it was fine, what was the problem witht the last question, i found it fine, but that's maybe because i did harder in the add maths exam.
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
at least the rest of ya found it ok :p: i hated mine...... but i can't do maths...... me and maths just dont 'mix' :p: lol!!!!! xoxo
Bowie88
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i was told it was far easier than the non-calcuator, i thought so. My additional maths teacher gave me a copy of this exam just 2 look at it. What answer did u all get for the volume of the remaining solid from the cone??????
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol ill let ya all talk about it on ur own cause i havent a clue what ur on about....maths wise at all :p: xoxo
hate_xams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bowie88)
i was told it was far easier than the non-calcuator, i thought so. My additional maths teacher gave me a copy of this exam just 2 look at it. What answer did u all get for the volume of the remaining solid from the cone??????
Can't remember what i got, but the way i did it was right i think. Used similar triangles to get the height of the part taken away, then took the volume of the part removed away from the total volume at the start. What answer did u get?
chrismuk
Report 13 years ago
I thought it was easy. Just like the past papers.

I got the two at the end as well, don't think I got them right though, but I think I'll get marks for correct working out.
chrismuk
Report 13 years ago
Anyone know what the probability red and black glove answer was?
hate_xams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chrismuk)
Anyone know what the probability red and black glove answer was?
think the answer was 16/74
chrismuk
Report 13 years ago
I got something like 15/256...

Anyone know for sure?
Bowie88
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought it was easy. Just like the past papers.

I got the two at the end as well, don't think I got them right though, but I think I'll get marks for correct working out.
Look i know i didnt get some of mine right last year in my maths gcse and i ended up getting a high a*. I really though i done crap. Now i predicted an a* for additional maths. Even if u try the question and use a method that could get the answer but dont get it right, u r able to get almost full marks in that question. U will all be alright.
hate_xams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got something like 15/256...

Anyone know for sure?
the way i got it was:

the probability of a red glove = 6/16
probability of the other hand red = 3/15

damn just realised i did it wrong.

was along the right lines but i forgot to take away the one so had 3/16 instead of 3/15 up there.

nearly got it. anyway im not gonna do any more cus ill realise how much ive got wrong!! :eek:
chrismuk
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hate_xams)
the way i got it was:

the probability of a red glove = 6/16
probability of the other hand red = 3/15

damn just realised i did it wrong.

was along the right lines but i forgot to take away the one so had 3/16 instead of 3/15 up there.

nearly got it. anyway im not gonna do any more cus ill realise how much ive got wrong!! :eek:
Damn, same mistake here.

You'll still get a few marks for working out though.
chrismuk
Report 13 years ago
Look i know i didnt get some of mine right last year in my maths gcse and i ended up getting a high a*. I really though i done crap. Now i predicted an a* for additional maths. Even if u try the question and use a method that could get the answer but dont get it right, u r able to get almost full marks in that question. U will all be alright.
Well i was getting 80% and all in the past papers, but I dunno now. :rolleyes:
hate_xams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah it should be fine, im sure there were hundreds made the same mistake lol. Not that there is much we can do about it now anyway!!
October Project
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I found mine OK! A little easier than the non calculator, I think. I'm pretty sure I've managed to get the C I need for Sixth Form. I'm sure I didn't get full marks or anything, but apparently I need 50% in each paper for a C, which I think I've managed to get. I'm so relieved they didn't go badly!
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Btw Lol even though this is off topic guess what? you might be off school on friday anyone in Northern Ireland xoxo
Bowie88
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tammy_girl)
Btw Lol Even Though This Is Off Topic Guess What? You Might Be Off School On Friday Anyone In Northern Ireland :d :d :d :d Xoxo
why????????

im getting off tomorrow anyway.
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
why????????

im getting off tomorrow anyway.
lol cause no kitchen staff once again they are on strike :p: lol it applies more to 4th years and them ones still nice to know first :P: haha xoxo xoxo
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise