Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it? I think it was ok!

ReputationRep:
    yeh was not too bad but i missed the change from prose to blank verse in much ado extract 1. Did the Arthur Miller and trade union/manager transcripts again was ok but didnt write a very structured essay - but i went into the exam with 59/60 for course work and 269/300 for AS so should be ok!

ReputationRep:
    How do you know your c/w mark? Our college wont tell us...said they're not allowed!!

ReputationRep:
    our teacher gave us under estimate provisional grades

ReputationRep:
    All we got was how our c/w was in our end of year reports. But they've told us they're not allowed tot alk about the c/w at all with us, not even give estimated grades.

Have you started looking at the synoptic paper?

ReputationRep:
    i'm starting to look at it more this afternoon. I did text A and B.

ReputationRep:
    I've got two exams on friday and two on monday and then ive got a synoptic paper on tuesday and another synoptic paper on wednesday so I dont think i'm gonna have much tym 2 look through it, I've already gone through the texts and read them and I'm actually quite surprised that theres only 5! I thought the topic was mental illness, but some people are saying its abnormalities and other people have got other ideas!

ReputationRep:
    Well done guys, sure you all did ok

ReputationRep:
    ooo i c...ignore my thread in A levels...

I found it went well, the Othello texts were great and the Miller play and transcript (2b) were good too (as i've said in my other thread.)

I'm not looking at the pre release until the weekend, i've got a difficult sociology exam to revise for before then. ugh.

I'm glad it went well for everyone. xx

ReputationRep:
    o and my college gave us our raw marks in our coursework, which of course are subject to change if they get sent off for moderation. xx

ReputationRep:
    I retook that today, I got a C last time not sure I actually did any better though. We hadn't done any work on it since january. Looking forward to Unit 6 exam though, thats one that you can blag :-)

ReputationRep:
    My school won't tell coursework grades - they said we'll be dissapointed if they change, so it's no fair on us... whatever...

Anyway... Othello exam was, for lack of a better phrase, p-easy . Great passages... wrote loads and loads, which I was suprised about. I think I picked up on most things. Question 2 was a bit dodgy - but just put in some general sentences I had learned and improvised the rest . Managed to get a couple of pages down anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Othello passages were good passages....despite me forgetting everything..as usual

grace1- I did texts A and B though I though texts A and D were the best! But not allowed to do that!

I've also got a sociology exam on Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    I thought the Othello passages were good passages....despite me forgetting everything..as usual

grace1- I did texts A and B though I though texts A and D were the best! But not allowed to do that!

I've also got a sociology exam on Friday
    aaargh i have 2 soio exams on friday.cus im doing as and a2 socio in a year, so didnt do coursework, i have to do theories and methods and politics, and its a nightmare.theyre in the afternoon, and before then, in the morning, i have a psych one- 3 in a day, nightmare.not gunna be able to look at the pre-releases anymore till mondya,, but ive got a hang of them, i was a synoptic expert in all of my mocks.

ReputationRep:
    Othello was good- easy to locate the passages.

I did Q2a- didn't have a lot to put for the Middlemarch (or whatever novel it was from) extract kept repeating formal lexis all the time!

ReputationRep:
    Poor you cottonmouth!

I've got one paper (Religion) on Friday

ReputationRep:
    Me too, didn't have a clue what the book was about, but you don't really need to know that. Just need to contextualise it as a literary representation of a doctor/patient meeting... that's what I did anyway... hehe.

ReputationRep:
    thumbs up everyone!

ReputationRep:
    hehe, the Othello question was great - extract a was EXACTLY the same as an extract we already did in class as a practice, so I really went to town on that. Question 2 - not so good

ReputationRep:
    lol exactly my thoughts ken. xx

I have sociology on friday too, but theory and methods, not religion, i did that in January. theory and methods sucks, it's much harder for me that religion. xx

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 16, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.