Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yep. We get double beds and a TV. I'm also catered.
    I know someone in room 3016A which is near you.
    Don't know who your room mate is, but if I find out I'll let you know!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Andrew Melville Hall... I'm a second year, but I'm transferring to St. Andrews so it'll be my first year there.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im going to Andrew Melville Hall too! Just dont know my room yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rui_Principe)
    Hey, im going to Andrew Melville Hall too! Just dont know my room yet.

heya that was the same for me when i found out i was in St Salvators, but when i went on to my personal details page on the university website it shows you the room number in the address bit so you don't have to wait until the post arrives to find out

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Didnt know that. I am still waiting for my entrant pack though. I will probably receive it tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I think that quite a lot of first years are in New Hall as it is really big. I spoke to ST. A's and in new hall there are Double Beds and a TV which is V. Kool. I hope to be in an old building at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Jess*)
    heya that was the same for me when i found out i was in St Salvators, but when i went on to my personal details page on the university website it shows you the room number in the address bit so you don't have to wait until the post arrives to find out
    Where exactly is this page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph123)
    Where exactly is this page?

It's your personal home page which you can access from the st andrews website once you have opened your st andrews account and set up your password on it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'd already found it but thought you were talking about a different page. My hall and room didn't come up by themselves though. I filled in the information myself then submitted it and it hasnt changed since. Was your room assignment just there because mine wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, well before i'd had the accomodation stuff in the post I found that personal details page and it had the addresses written in already which is how I found out what my room number is. x

ReputationRep:
    do all the rooms in new hall have a tv? (i'm going there as well)

ReputationRep:
    I got melvillised
    In other words I'm going to Andrew Melville Hall.
    Hopefully I'll at least have some nice fellow inmates to make the year bearable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan Moore)
    do all the rooms in new hall have a tv? (i'm going there as well)

Aye, and double beds and bathrooms, and not 1 but 2 lamps in your room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Jess*)
    hey, i phoned and apparently i'm in St.Salvators still waiting to find out which room though..
    I visited that place on Weds at the information day... You're so lucky. If I get into St. Andrews I'd kill to go there.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody in Fife Park, or even DRA? Shame...

ReputationRep:
    I know a few people in DRA, 1 or 2 in Fife Park

ReputationRep:
    Question for people in catered halls - do you actually like the food? After hearing last year about such 'delights' as banana and courgette soup (made with rotten bananas, for added insult), I'm REALLY glad I'm in non-catered, even if it's a mile away from Tesco

ReputationRep:
    Are the two ensuite halls (New and David Russell apartments) really oversubscribed with accomodation applications? Or are they way more expensive than the other halls?

I've applied for 2006 entry and am just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    Are the two ensuite halls (New and David Russell apartments) really oversubscribed with accomodation applications? Or are they way more expensive than the other halls?

I've applied for 2006 entry and am just curious
    Hi. New Hall and DRA are more expensive than the other halls, eg I am paying £4800 a year in New Hall catered single room. They aren't over subscribed at all, you are almost guaranteed a place if thats where you wanna go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeve)
    Hi. New Hall and DRA are more expensive than the other halls, eg I am paying £4800 a year in New Hall catered single room. They aren't over subscribed at all, you are almost guaranteed a place if thats where you wanna go
    Woohoo!

:rays for offer::

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 5, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.