Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else got this?? I'm doing option L which is civil rights 1877-1960 and Domestic Policy of President JFK-Reagan.

ReputationRep:
    Yeps I'm doing option L too, and option Q British history 1841-1885. Feel prepared for it?

ReputationRep:
    absolotly not lol!! I hate this module with a vengence partly because I just don't know how to revise for it!!! We did option U for British in january...thank god I got that out the way otherwise I'd be crying now!!!

ReputationRep:
    Me: E & P.

ReputationRep:
    i seriously seriously seriously need help with poor law and chartism both are on monday and im doomed. i need a B and im sure im gonna fail. Any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas/predictions on what the History option L questions might be on this year? You're lucky already doing one of the papers, I have 3hrs to do on Monday with both of them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing option Q for British too. It's basically Peel, Gladstone and Disraeli.

I'm doing a strange one for European that involves the study of both Germany and Russia/USSR between 1830 and 1939, comparing them over the whole period, and lots of Stalin/Hitler questions.

I'm not going to worry about it until the weekend though.

ReputationRep:
    Option Q seems like loads...Chartism, Peel, Gladstone domestic and foreign policy, Disraeli foreign and domestic policy, the Irish issue, the parliamentary reforms-1867 Reform Act, Mid-Victorian boom and depression! Ahhh!!

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the economics topic...AQA have stated that it won't be the compulsary question. Whilst there might seem like a lot to go over, it's only a few topics, and they are limited on what they can ask us on each. There's a good chance of a Disraeli Vs Gladstone question, for example.

ReputationRep:
    Really there's no chance economic is a compulsory question? If so, that's great! Did you get an A last year?

ReputationRep:
    Ive got this on monday and i havent revised yet I cant revise until the w/e as i have geo on friday :eek:

anyway, good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I did^^ It took me ages to find a means of attacking that Poor Law question from Hell though.

They can't make the economics a com. question, because option Q is Political History. Ever been so glad for politics?

I also have geog on Friday, matta.

ReputationRep:
    Alternative D: France 1814-1914 and Italian unification;
    Alternative N: Henry VIII and mid-Tudor crisis

ReputationRep:
    Hye I'm doing civil rights and US domestic policy. God knows how I'm going to tackle it. My teachers prepared me for a JFK essay although I'm slightly dubious. I can imagine some obscure thing on nixon or Reagan to be honest. Civil rights is probably the most interesting thing about this exam - but there's just so much to learn. I have no idea how to make sense of it. Ah well...fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I'm doing option Q for British and D for European. For D, we've actually been taught both German and Italian Unification, but Im gonna go for Italy cuz its soooo much easier. Anyone doing the exam on Friday? Its the one you do instead of coursework, don't know what topics they are on, but Im doing The Scramble for Africa. Haven't started revising for this one yet, and its worth the most - 20% !!!

ReputationRep:
    I do Alternative F: Russia and the Soviet Union, 1881-1985 and Alternative U: Britain 1951-1997. I'm really scared because there's so much to revise. The compulsory synoptic question on the Russia paper seems hard and I'm struggling with revision. I've been through my folders once, but none of it seems to have stuck in my head. I'm meant to have maths at the same time, so I'll have that straight afterwards! I'm not a pleased!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit scared to open my folder, because there's just so much to learn. I'm doing England from Edward to Elizabeth, Spain from Ferdinand and Isabella to about Philip III, the revolts in the Netherlands, and Henri IV of Fance (as Unit 6, next Friday). And I have Latin tomorrow so can't do any history until the weekend, and I also need to work on my Eng Lit synoptic! And I have exams every day next week. I think I'll just fail history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)
    absolotly not lol!! I hate this module with a vengence partly because I just don't know how to revise for it!!! We did option U for British in january...thank god I got that out the way otherwise I'd be crying now!!!
    Ahhh I do L and U as well, both on Monday though. U has to be the most boring topics ever. Don't mind L, find civil rights interesting and the presidents stuff isn't too bad.

I'm dreading the exams on Monday. Just scraped a B at AS, and need a B overall for my uni offer. It just depends what questions come up, if it's on a topic I know well I'll be fine, if not I'll fail :eek: I got an A in my personal study though, and re-took Unit 3 (got a D in that last year...but think I messed up again).

ReputationRep:
    Im doing Russia 1881-1968 and Britian 1841-1886. Cartouche, how do you know the economic bit on Britain, is going to come up as a compulsory source question, i thought all topics could come up?

ReputationRep:
    It's economic history, and option Q is by definition Political History. To force us to talk about socioeconomic history, they'd rule out the need for the Social&Economic History options, which a friend of mine at another school is doing. I don't know for sure, but it would make sense that that'd be untouchable.

I suspect Peel may be our compulsary question, as he was missing recently, and he needs a big comeback.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.