Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Alt L: USA 1877-1980 too - it would appear to be quite a popular module.

Any bets on which Presidents will come up?

Also is anyone doing Britain 1918-1951? Isn't it so annyoing the way there are about seven topics and you have to do the compulsory one...then have a choice of six. Kind of makes you wonder why you're revising.

M.

ReputationRep:
    argh. i'm doing Spain: Ferdinand and Isabella, Charles I (V) and Philip II; The Dutch Revolt; and Henry VIII, Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth I. i'm in a complete and utter panic about it since i need an A in all 3 subjects to get into my first choice... :mad: i've got to cover about 3 quarters of this still, between now and monday, and find time to look at my synoptic english paper for tuesday...really worried.

does anyone have any idea what the history questions were last year, cos that often gives an indication of what will and won't come up this year...

ReputationRep:
    You're doing nearly the same topics as me! You can look at past papers on the aqa website, and see what all the questions are, but question-spotting never seems to work for history.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same syllabus too, and I can't revise until the weekend coz I've got psych tomorrow - does anyone have any tips or hints or strategies or anything? I've completely given up on the Netherlands I'm just hoping there's a question on the first revolt coz thats all I know!
    Spain is ok I think, are there any more topics except the church, the moriscos, the jews, the inquisition and the papacy?

ReputationRep:
    I do Britain but not the 1918-51 module and my papers structured in the same way. It's really annoying knowing that you will only use a tiny proportion of what you've learned!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started History revision yet, I'm so screwed. And I have Latin tomorrow afternoon and have to do some LTB6 over the weekend as well. I have no idea about the Netherlands and haven't had a teacher for England for months.

ReputationRep:
    im doing Britain 1918-51 and its the best module to revise. My other module is Russia and Germany and its quite hard to remember it all.

ReputationRep:
    Any advise on techniques for answering parts a on the source questions.

Module 4: How fully do the sources explain/prove..../How does one source challenge the view of another..

Module 5: To what extent do the sources differ/How useful is a source/

ReputationRep:
    The Britain module is really easy to revise for deffinately as you can learn it by PM and you have so many choices in section B!!!

This AMerican stuff is more difficult I have some passed paper questions I will type them up at some point...homrfully today if not tomorrow deffinately!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thearcadiandrea)
    argh. i'm doing Spain: Ferdinand and Isabella, Charles I (V) and Philip II; The Dutch Revolt; and Henry VIII, Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth I. i'm in a complete and utter panic about it since i need an A in all 3 subjects to get into my first choice... :mad: i've got to cover about 3 quarters of this still, between now and monday, and find time to look at my synoptic english paper for tuesday...really worried.

does anyone have any idea what the history questions were last year, cos that often gives an indication of what will and won't come up this year...
    I'm doing exactly them too.

For the europe paper, the document question will be about Spain, it's USUALLY a question based on the 100 year period, about royal control of the church, OR unity under Ferdinand and Isabella. The second one usually has: Reasons for the revolt starting (NL) and why Charles V failed.

For the British side, it's usually Henrician reformation for the document, SOMETIMES it's Mid-Tudor crisis. The second part also has something to do with the use of parliament, factionalism, henrician reformation (if it didn't come up on the document) and other things that I can't remember and won't bother to learn. I gotta learn it all by monday.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it annoying how we're all doing slightly different courses, and are thus unable to contextually help each other? Is there anyone else here doing the Germany/Russia/USSR 1820-1939 Module?

ReputationRep:
    Ok... vcan anyone tell me if there will DEFINATELY be a question on the 1st-2nd revolt time period for the Netherlands? There always has been as far as I can tell, but thats all I know and if it doesn't come up I'm royally f***ed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cartouche)
    I'm doing a strange one for European that involves the study of both Germany and Russia/USSR between 1830 and 1939, comparing them over the whole period, and lots of Stalin/Hitler questions.
    I'm doing that one, it sucks. I hate all the Russian stuff, it's so dull...

I'm also doing Britain, 1918-51 which I love

ReputationRep:
    option L questions: If people can may7be post up their answers to these questions it would be nice to see what others thought about them.

To what extent can President JFK's policies for education and economic affaris be regarded as a faliure in the years 1961-63?

"The political changes under Johnson were more important than the social and economic ones" How far do you agree with this view?

To what extent did LBJ's social and economic policies create a great society?

"Nixons resignation as President in August 1974 was due to both economic and political failings during his presidency" Assess the validity of this statement

How far did the role of federal government in social and economic affairs change during the Presidencies of Nixon and Reagan?

" The domestic policies of Ford and Carter were unsucessful due to their lack of political skill" How far do you agree with this statement?

"Reagan's success as President in domestic affairs was due more to his economic and social policies rather than to his skill as a politician" Assess the validity of this statement

Assess the success of USA government policies in Health and inner city regeneration in the years 1961-1989

How far did the role of Federal government change with regards to social and economic policy in the years 1961-1989?

How dar did the social, economic, political and cultural position of African Americans change within America between 1877 and 1980?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the reigns of Henry VIII, Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth I; and also Nazi Germany; 1933 onwards. I'm quite confident about it, but there's a part about 100 years of German Economics which we rushed towards the end of the year and I haven't looked at it yet.

ReputationRep:
    bump...just incase people missed the questions i put up yesterday but i doubt anyone missed it and am shocked nobody has bothered with responses.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody else is doing the same as me!

Alt C, Monarchy in the Age of Enlightenment, France 1688-1789 and Catherine the Great.

Alt O, Monarchy Challenged, Rejected, Restored and Restrained, Charles I, Civil Wars, Interregnum etc. (hideous module)

All the best to everyone tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    I want to die rather than do these exams tomorrow:

Option C: Monarchy in the age of Enlightenment, Catherine the Great 1762 - 1796 & France with about a billion kings/regents 1689 - 1789.
    Option O: Monarchy Challenged, Restrained, Rejected, Restored. Charles I & Oliver Cromwell.

Then on Friday I have Oliver Cromwell: Hero or Villian?

I'm quite worried that I seem to be the only one with these options; damn my school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanmullally)
    Nobody else is doing the same as me!

Alt C, Monarchy in the Age of Enlightenment, France 1688-1789 and Catherine the Great.

Alt O, Monarchy Challenged, Rejected, Restored and Restrained, Charles I, Civil Wars, Interregnum etc. (hideous module)

All the best to everyone tomorrow!
    Ninja addition; me too! See above.

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck to everyone doing this paper today!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.