Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an outbreak crisis. Whats best for losing them. I heard toothpaste is an option?! And should I moisturise or will that just make my face even greasier and more likely for spots.

ReputationRep:
    tooth paste really does work!

ReputationRep:
    I put toothpaste on a spot the other day and it burnt a big hole in my face that took a week to go away. I had a big round red patch and it was much worse than the spot had been. I think it was because I'd been sunbathing and my skin was extra sensitive.

So no I wouldn't recommend toothpaste!

ReputationRep:
    wash ur face more often

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the obvious pigmy.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you are feeling stressed? Try and drink more water or do a mini detox. Make-up clogs up pores and does not allow your skin to breathe. Hope it clears up soon then =0)

ReputationRep:
    which hazel, blue stick thing was good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1)
    which hazel, blue stick thing was good
    !Quite!
    I forgot to mention - Witch hazel ^^, TCP, plain sopa and water. =0)

ReputationRep:
    drink lots of water.

ReputationRep:
    Try not to touch your face either; hands have bacteria on them and you just increase the chances of more spots developing by touching your face.

ReputationRep:
    lol use toothpaste as it dries out the moisture of the spots, but dont use it if you want to go out or have been going out to sunbathe as it makes your skin more photosensitive - one of the ingredients in toothpaste is found in many spot creams and oral medication, when using toothpaste wait over night and if you decide to squeeze them make sure you have a little antiseptic to clean the wound and it will sting a little at first but it usually does the trick - good luck xoxo

ReputationRep:
    over washing can also cause them apparantly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    try using st.ives apricot facial scrub. it's great...will definitely help with clearing them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OpressedMass)
    over washing can also cause them apparantly :rolleyes:
    yeah as washing leaves the pores open also overwashing can lead to dermatitus and ezcema xoxo

EDIT: I soooooo cant spell lol!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O_Ren)
    I have an outbreak crisis. Whats best for losing them. I heard toothpaste is an option?! And should I moisturise or will that just make my face even greasier and more likely for spots.
    you can get oil free moisturiser...it think 'simple' does a range of oil free facial products and so does 'clinque' my cousin had quite bad acne and she swears by 'clinique' xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Drink shed loads of water, witch hazel stuff's good, Tea-tree oil's also brilliant, and don't wear make up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kit_Kat)
    Drink shed loads of water, witch hazel stuff's good, Tea-tree oil's also brilliant, and don't wear make up!

What's Witch-Hazel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kish_Kash_1)
    What's Witch-Hazel?
    It's an alcohol based solution which can be used to soothe itchiness, spots etc.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure but a company uses it to make spot-fighting products. I have a "Witch-Stick" and it's great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    yeah as wahing leaves the pores
    Put cold water on your face afterwards to close up the pores.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.