Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A2 english exam...how did it go? watch

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do?
    I found it really hard, and didn't help that my hands were frozen as the temperature in the exam hall was at near sub zero temperatures.
    Anyway what did everyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    I thought I was going to never stop smiling when Anthem For Doomed Youth was for Question 1a.

ReputationRep:
    OMFG could they have picked any more weird passages, wtf is up wiv Tenyan?!!! and the Pals of Accrington!

The first question i compared three seminal aspects of the ceremonies; the elegy, the notion of audience at the ceremony and the legacy of the deceased and said owen was more effective. Think ive done quite well.

Part b, the extracts were weird, what happened to Oh what a lovely war and Journey's End? I tihnk ive done well, but i hate english exams as the marking is subjective!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh i just $h!t myself thinking i missed an exam lol...

(I do english language)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Mann)
    I thought I was going to never stop smiling when Anthem For Doomed Youth was for Question 1a.
    That was about the only bit that I liked. Although when The Accrington Pals came up I maganged to make a link straight to Blackadder Goes Forth , and a link to Oh What a Lovely War.

ReputationRep:
    i failed. simple as

ReputationRep:
    That was horrible *Cries* I found Part A fifty times harder and I babbled too much in Part B although I'd done my c/wk on women....I'm actually really upset atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkle.Dremas)
    That was horrible *Cries* I found Part A fifty times harder and I babbled too much in Part B although I'd done my c/wk on women....I'm actually really upset atm
    Hey, don't worry too much , I'm sure you've done better than you think. I think everyone found that exam really hard, everyone I talked to afterwards did.

ReputationRep:
    me too. I know what you mean sparkle,dremas. I'm really crushed. I can't believe it went so wrong. I usually get B's for goodness sake.
    Guess we just have to do really well on tuesday.

*gives sparkle.dremas hugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzyLizzy)
    me too. I know what you mean sparkle,dremas. I'm really crushed. I can't believe it went so wrong. I usually get B's for goodness sake.
    Guess we just have to do really well on tuesday.

*gives sparkle.dremas hugs*

Thank you soooo much, I guess the major problem is I was relying on that exam to pull my marks up in Unit 4 to guarantee me an A. I now doubt I'll get it at all Luckily I only need a B for uni but still...I just froze in the exam and I'd never looked at Owen's poem before, how stupid am I? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    this is my first post, just cudnt resist commenting on the exam! I found it quite difficult, and most people I talked to after it thought it was quite difficult, but I personaly found A easier than B. They could have at least given us some decent extracts, tho' I was happy to see Anthm For a Doomed Youth.

ReputationRep:
    Remember guys this was just 20% of the final A Level mark. But I agree, it was difficult. Part A was pretty straightforward. I concluded by saying they're incomparable - one isn't more effective than the other as they're conveying completely different viewpoints, one about a group of men the other about a single man, one about the tragedy and futility of war, the other about how glorious this man was. Part B I struggled with and waffled about nothing for a while. I'm confident though that I got at least half marks.

ReputationRep:
    Loving the first question - "Anthem for Doomed Youth", had been done to death in class! I would have preferred Tennyson's thing to have come as a Source C, D or E though - because I could have gone to town, and brought in more "Charge of the Light Brigade".

I wrote a nice preamble in Section B, linking the women's war lit sources and referring to Scars on My Heart, and the contextual stuff - I tried to tackle time of composition + gender attitudes together. The Brittain letter was sweet, because parts of it echoed Sassoon's "The Redeemer". The play was okay too, and I contrasted it to "Journey's End" and "Oh What A Lovely War". But my conclusion to Section B was virtually nonexistent.

I'm just hoping that I get a B on the paper, because my module 4 is going to be dire!

ReputationRep:
    My conclusion to Q2 was literally nonexistant. I ran out of time before I could make it.

ReputationRep:
    I think the most I'm going to get is a D
    I can't believe it, when I saw the paper everything I knew went out of my head and landed in a puddled by my chair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neitzhschezehcz)
    My conclusion to Q2 was literally nonexistant. I ran out of time before I could make it.
    I didn't think timing (what, with three hours) would be a problem, but obviously I was wrong. I'm glad I got my quotes in though, I'd been bursting to use them.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and the Tynan (sp?) poem was garbage!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently then.. I'm the only one who was pleased with the questions! I think it went ok.

ReputationRep:
    i thought; "i've got 3 hours, i can pace myself, as i normally finsih with ages to go", but this time, i arsed about for 30 mins and then realised i had to write the answer to a and went over by about 20 mins, then i only had 1hr 25 for b. but hopefully did ok, although am worried i just name dropped people for the sake of it. but seriously, thanks to people who were on here before the exam and who helped me manage to at least write mildly credible answers!

ReputationRep:
    Aaarrgh I don't know how i did, I rambled on in 1a but think I did ok in 1b.

Fingers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxed!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.