Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smokyjoe123)
    although am worried i just name dropped people for the sake of it
    That's the point of exercise.

No matter how tenuous the link: you name drop. You get a tick for every person you name, and the marker counts totals them up at the end. A few people on the forum, myself included, have seen a specimen 20/20, 20/20 response - and all the dude does is name drop! His standard of written English is decidedly mediocre, but the surplus of mentioned poets/authors/playwrights got him full marks.

ReputationRep:
    This is the Measure for Measure one for spec B, right?
    Well, I HATED the Chaucer question but I did my best on it, chose q.b, the one about the Clerk.
    M4M - YES YES YES nearly orgasmed when I saw those questions! I answered b again, the one about Isabella being a model of Christian virtue.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i think the girl next to me was stealing my ideas in some sort of M15 telepathy way (it could happen). she was practically burning holes in the pages...while i was rearranging my tissues. poo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzyLizzy)
    poo
    Indeed

ReputationRep:
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I think they chose some rubbish extracts especially the accrington pals (..was roddie/roggie/bobby whatever the hell his name was a ****** ?!) and the Tynan poem.
    I thought 1a def went better than the 1b because they weren't so broad.
    I ended up comparing assertive women in Extract C - sarah and eva with brittain and compared them to sassoon's passive woman in the glory of women. Also mentioned how brittain although being assertive did conform to sum stereotypes (calling roland 'He' with a captial H like a God) but then i got the tynan poem and to be honest im not sure what i wrote...just bullsh*tted until the end wooo! fingers crossed anyway. and if we all did bad, grade boundaries go down! yey!

ReputationRep:
    ok where they have blanked out the word have roggie/bobbie whoever i wrote a word beginning with re and ending in tard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura7986)
    if we all did bad, grade boundaries go down! yey!
    Lol yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura7986)
    if we all did bad, grade boundaries go down! yey!
    well thats one thing to thankful for.

ReputationRep:
    What were your Measure For Measure questions like?

Sorry to see a lot fo you found this hard, I have OCR A2 English next Tuesday

I'm sure you all did well regardless of how you feel now

Dreama xxx

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone found this a hard paper. What i found particularly difficult was that a number of the extracts failed to mention contemporary society or indict war, so you had to infer. My conclusion was basically a Sh*te rehash of my essay. I dropped absolutely loads of names, talked about changing literary styles and even used quotes and the word 'iconoclastic' so its all good, i hope. However, i said that the term 'typical' is subversive when applied to a period which generated such diversity!

Hopefully, if this board is an indication of what happened to most ppl, ie they didnt feel they achieved what they were capable of, AQA will be forced to drop the grade boundaries by a couple of marks. I've done sh*t loads of past papers and none were like that.

Steve

ReputationRep:
    Laura- it was reggie.......thats about the extent of my war knowledge. Thank you very much ladys and gents

ReputationRep:
    laura7896, i wondered the same about that roggie/bobbie person, i though it was a typo then realised he may have just been mentally challenged lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    That's the point of exercise.

No matter how tenuous the link: you name drop. You get a tick for every person you name, and the marker counts totals them up at the end. A few people on the forum, myself included, have seen a specimen 20/20, 20/20 response - and all the dude does is name drop! His standard of written English is decidedly mediocre, but the surplus of mentioned poets/authors/playwrights got him full marks.
    ok, thanks. although, i don't think my written english was as good as 'decidedly mediocre'.lol

ReputationRep:
    Was Measure for Measure on this paper? Or am I mistaken?
    What were the Q's?

Thanks, D xxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Lol thanks.. I dunno why they even but reggie in it he just confused me by saying 'her' all the time...was he talking about his hallucinating gran or another randomer?! and who was putting who to bed?!

ReputationRep:
    I said that his use of colloquial diallect was highly typical of home front working class poets such as Magdalen Ida Bedford such as in 'Munition Wages'. I even managed to say something about Stuart Lee's manuscript of 'The Ghosts May Laugh' i think it was bought out last year as a play, i better get damn credit.

I think that people did a lot better than we've giving ourselves credit for. I have literally just started posting on tihs forum, but ive been reading posts for a while and this forum is full of amazingly gifting lit students! Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    OMG 1(b) was dire I really did not go into enough depth for any of the extracts. How many quotes did people use for wider reading and how many names did you drop ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smokyjoe123)
    ok, thanks. although, i don't think my written english was as good as 'decidedly mediocre'.lol
    I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't use that many. I couldn't remember anything at all. I magaed a few Blackadder quotes, a line from 'for the fallen' and 'perhaps'. I dont think I'm getting any thing like a good mark.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.