EDEXCEL MATHS - Higher Tier - Grade Boundaries? Watch

This discussion is closed.
ghtrevgy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Now that Edexcel Maths is over with (yay!) what does everyone think the grade boundaries will be this year?

Considering how low they were last year (45% for an A-grade)...I'm hoping they can't boost them up too high, even though this years exam was undoubtedly easier.

Our head of maths guessed 60 - 70% for an A grade and probably 85%+ for an A* (but this "guess" was based only on the non-calc paper).

I'm hoping it will be 60% for an A. I'm not greedy I only want an A, but I'm not quite sure if I have reached into the 70's.....

:tsr:
ob2005
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by seaspray)
Now that Edexcel Maths is over with (yay!) what does everyone think the grade boundaries will be this year?

Considering how low they were last year (45% for an A-grade)...I'm hoping they can't boost them up too high, even though this years exam was undoubtedly easier.

Our head of maths guessed 60 - 70% for an A grade and probably 85%+ for an A* (but this "guess" was based only on the non-calc paper).

I'm hoping it will be 60% for an A. I'm not greedy I only want an A, but I'm not quite sure if I have reached into the 70's.....

was it 45% for an A. thats was good that. hope ours will be that low. i think i did alright in the exam not sure whether i got an A* though. anyway woteva goes. wots done is done.
Kubed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it won't be that low this year because the paper was undoubtedly easier, but I shouldn't think that the A boundary will go higher than 60%, which would make A* roughly 70-75%.
Divine89
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by VeerHS)
it won't be that low this year because the paper was undoubtedly easier, but I shouldn't think that the A boundary will go higher than 60%, which would make A* roughly 70-75%.
The Boundaries can be confusing when it comes UMS-So any1 care to enlighten us? :rolleyes:
Piggy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by seaspray)

So what would you get it you got 75%? :p: And am I the only one who thinks that last year's Edexcel maths papers were both MUCH easier than this years?
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Piggy)
So what would you get it you got 75%? :p: And am I the only one who thinks that last year's Edexcel maths papers were both MUCH easier than this years?
LOL, sorry I meant that the minimum A boundary would be between 60% and 70%!
ali p
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the A* boundary will be around 80% - it until last year it was around this, and comparing to past papers, this exam was relatively easy
Claire
Report 13 years ago
wat is wrong wit every1? U all seem to find it easy, found it tasking !
By the way i wouldnt go thinkin it was easy as usually this means u done either bad or havent done enough

Watch it
Claire
Jimit
Report 13 years ago
Everyone keeps saying oh this years paper was easier then last but in my honest opinion it is because we were fearing the worst and preparing for the paper so hard expecting questions as difficult as last year but since we have completed the past papers and mastered them this is the reason behind our thoughts that it was easier
pawz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jimit)
Everyone keeps saying oh this years paper was easier then last but in my honest opinion it is because we were fearing the worst and preparing for the paper so hard expecting questions as difficult as last year but since we have completed the past papers and mastered them this is the reason behind our thoughts that it was easier
You've nailed it man! I honestly think that is the case!.. Well said!
asadtamimi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i hope that is the case cos then i got my A*
InTeRRoGaToR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
me toooooooooo
InTeRRoGaToR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
me toooooooooo
theabominable
Report 13 years ago
I hope I got my A. It wouldn't really be justice if I didn't, seeing as I know that if i get a B it'll be a very, very high one.
kidda_puttar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, in any case....whether it is easier or not...people have done better as a whole - therefore the boundaries will be up from last year!
fredwad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I found it quite easy but 80% of my friends found it mega hard im guessing 65% for an A
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads