cant you find out your A2 results a week early... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Goku_ssj4
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
If you have an offer from a university isnt it that it will show up that you have been accepted/rejected from that university on the UCAS website a couple of days before the dreaded August 18th??????? Meaning if you have an offer for ABB etc.. you will know wether you achieved that or not??

thanks and sorry if it sounds realllly stupid!
Kitty_K
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hope so. Both ways i.e if you are accepted or rejected, it will ake you prepared on what to expect. For example if you get rejected you know you have to go into clearing, so therefore you can start preparing yourself a few days before the 18th, and if you are accepted the drinking celebrations can start early - wahooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :rock: :cheers: :beer:
boho
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think its a couple of days early, but at midnight on the night of the 17th the ucas website will change and you will know whether or not you got your offer. Even if you did get your offer, doesn't necessarily mean you got your grades, though i know i will be sitting up to see, i can't handle the wait, the sooner i know, the better!!
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by boho)
I don't think its a couple of days early, but at midnight on the night of the 17th the ucas website will change and you will know whether or not you got your offer. Even if you did get your offer, doesn't necessarily mean you got your grades, though i know i will be sitting up to see, i can't handle the wait, the sooner i know, the better!!
I think I am right in saying that although UCAS know and update their system they actually make UCAS track unavalible so nobody can log on..It would be unfair if some people knew their results whilst others didn't. I am sure that no of you shall get to know your results before you go to school and open them (or get them posted to you/or get someone to pick them up)
lawrence4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
meh really not that bothered about getting them nice and early, rather be working and earning £
joshdajoker
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ring up your uni. Say you know you have failed miserably but beg for them to consider your position. They will say hang on a sec you got the grades what are you on about?

Just an Idea
Asian cutie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by joshdajoker)
Ring up your uni. Say you know you have failed miserably but beg for them to consider your position. They will say hang on a sec you got the grades what are you on about?

Just an Idea
hummm :idea:
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Goku_ssj4)
If you have an offer from a university isnt it that it will show up that you have been accepted/rejected from that university on the UCAS website a couple of days before the dreaded August 18th??????? Meaning if you have an offer for ABB etc.. you will know wether you achieved that or not??

thanks and sorry if it sounds realllly stupid!
from what i recall, most schools have the results a week early- this was the case for me and edexcel. however it may be different for you and your school, and some exam boards only send the school stats eg 4 people at the school got Bs for Art or whatever. my school got the edexcel results via email and my chem teacher told us the results via our email (dunno if this is allowed!)

i also recall ucas was taken down during some of the night of the results day to update, and i checked my ucas every day until then and i didnt get any feedback until the moring of results day.

good luck! and remember some uni's can let u in even if you dont make the grade- call them up on results day and sometimes they let you in if u just missed it (my friend got CCDD for an AAB offer at Essex and on results day he got acepted)
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You cannot find out until results day

UCAS track will be suspended a few days beforehand, and will not be available until sometime after you have your results (was midday last year, but they are hoping it will be earlier this year)

Your uni will not give out any information over the phone/in person/in writing/any other way before results day.

You may receive a UCAS magazine before results day telling you about Clearing/other choices. This does not mean you have failed to meet your offer. Everyone who has not speicified otherwise should receive one.
Anujkhamar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
One thing i think we lack in this country is the fact that we still have to go and get our results! In most places in India the exam boards put up results on their websites and you have to type your candidate number and password in and you find out. Of course if you cant get on the net you can go into school. I always wondered why we don't have that system here.
TommyS
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i like going into school and actually havin the results in my hand though, and you can see if your friends have done well, and either congratulate em, or tell em its not the end of the world
Suzie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
magiccarpet what subject did your friend apply for?? Because i have applied for law at essex and that is the only subject i can think of with that standard offer? Im also expecting CCC grades so your story gives me hope
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TommyS)
i like going into school and actually havin the results in my hand though, and you can see if your friends have done well, and either congratulate em, or tell em its not the end of the world
Going into school will depress me.

All the kids getting three As in media, photography and business will be like 'yay, I'm so amazing!' and then look at me with perhaps 4 Bs in the sciences and maths as if I'm stupid!

I hate that.
Brainstorm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no, they wont.
Dr. Blazed
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's just about impossible to find your results before the morning on the 18th, unless you have a contact at an exam board willing to break the law to get them for you.

UCAS Track isn't suspended on the 18th, it's available all day, but the server is usually so deluged with traffic that it packs up until the evening.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
UCAS Track isn't suspended on the 18th, it's available all day, but the server is usually so deluged with traffic that it packs up until the evening.
I have friends who work at UCAS - this year is the first year that track will be available from early morning. They're hoping it reduces the volume of phone calls they have to deal with....
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
I have friends who work at UCAS - this year is the first year that track will be available from early morning. They're hoping it reduces the volume of phone calls they have to deal with....
It's good that UCAS track would be available early morning on august 18th. Do you know exactly what time, 6, 7, or 8am?
AATTMM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm, I don't think I'd want to know, I'd rather wait until I open the envelope .
Soapysudds1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kavanne)
Going into school will depress me.

All the kids getting three As in media, photography and business will be like 'yay, I'm so amazing!' and then look at me with perhaps 4 Bs in the sciences and maths as if I'm stupid!

I hate that.
are you implying that its easier for us 'idiots' who do media to get an A that you wonderfully intelligent science and math types?
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Soapysudds1)
are you implying that its easier for us 'idiots' who do media to get an A that you wonderfully intelligent science and math types?
I am implying people who take media are the cool people and think I am geek for doing sciences. And therefore, because they are stupid private school rich kids (not all are completely unintelligent), will think I am more stupid than them, just because of some letters. When really, you cannot compare subjects that are completely different (like music vs. PE or business vs. physics)

-Kavanne
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed