cant you find out your A2 results a week early... Watch

This discussion is closed.
nofriends8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
QUOTE: "I am implying people who take media are the cool people and think I am geek for doing sciences. And therefore, because they are stupid private school rich kids (not all are completely unintelligent), will think I am more stupid than them, just because of some letters. When really, you cannot compare subjects that are completely different (like music vs. PE or business vs. physics)"

You're an idiot. Whilst these subjects clearly are different from the sciences, there is no way you can claim that your B is better than their A. All that shows is that they chose subjects more suited to their strengths whereas you obstinately continued with something because of its so called academic prestige. Difference is, they get A's and you don't.

Your argument about private schools is based on no evidence whatsoever and is irrelevant and unsubstantiated. And you call yourself a scientist...

Tom
AATTMM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kavanne)
I am implying people who take media are the cool people and think I am geek for doing sciences. And therefore, because they are stupid private school rich kids (not all are completely unintelligent), will think I am more stupid than them, just because of some letters. When really, you cannot compare subjects that are completely different (like music vs. PE or business vs. physics)

-Kavanne
Bleh, must be your school then. No one in my school is considered a geek and no one taking so-called "mickey mouse" subjects is looked down upon by people doing traditional subjects. But this argument's been had many times on these forums... so don't start one on here...
G-Unit206
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Going into school will depress me.

All the kids getting three As in media, photography and business will be like 'yay, I'm so amazing!' and then look at me with perhaps 4 Bs in the sciences and maths as if I'm stupid!

I hate that.

know exactly wot that feels like and I hate it too!!! Makes you wonder why you pick subjects like that doesn't it
Gaz031
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Going into school will depress me.

All the kids getting three As in media, photography and business will be like 'yay, I'm so amazing!' and then look at me with perhaps 4 Bs in the sciences and maths as if I'm stupid!

I hate that.
I don't want to offend anyone but you shouldn't be depressed. I'd prefer to have a B in another science than an A in m/p/b.
ArchiBoi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol - at the end of the day - we all have different ambitions and goals. Say your course allows any subjects, your surely going to do the ones your best at in order to meet the grades and thus have a higher ch ance of achieveing your ambition.
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Gaz031)
I don't want to offend anyone but you shouldn't be depressed. I'd prefer to have a B in another science than an A in m/p/b.
Yes, but it still doesn't stop them from trying to make me feel stupid! Grr.
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nofriends8)
QUOTE: "I am implying people who take media are the cool people and think I am geek for doing sciences. And therefore, because they are stupid private school rich kids (not all are completely unintelligent), will think I am more stupid than them, just because of some letters. When really, you cannot compare subjects that are completely different (like music vs. PE or business vs. physics)"

You're an idiot. Whilst these subjects clearly are different from the sciences, there is no way you can claim that your B is better than their A. All that shows is that they chose subjects more suited to their strengths whereas you obstinately continued with something because of its so called academic prestige. Difference is, they get A's and you don't.

Your argument about private schools is based on no evidence whatsoever and is irrelevant and unsubstantiated. And you call yourself a scientist...

Tom
I have sent you a PM, I do not feel my reply needs to go on the board, but I would just like you to maybe understand.
Soapysudds1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
your a bit of a loser. at the end of the day us 'thickos' (who may i add are not as stupid as you think) may be getting the A's and you may not. but if people at my school act like you do towards people who have not chosen traditional academic subjects then they deserve to be looked at as if they are stupid. why cant you accept that people excel in different areas, however just because these subjects are not traditionally academic does not make them 'micky mouse' subjects. i would love to see how you did in a media exam if it is 'soooooo easy'. also shouldnt all people who are prepared to take A levels be praised and respected just because they have taken the challenge, after all we could have dropped out at 16 and got a job in a supermarket.
Jenni_Kitten
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Tom
*applauds* After all, the UMS system *supposedly* makes all grades comparable anyway.
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Soapysudds1)
your a bit of a loser. at the end of the day us 'thickos' (who may i add are not as stupid as you think) may be getting the A's and you may not. but if people at my school act like you do towards people who have not chosen traditional academic subjects then they deserve to be looked at as if they are stupid. why cant you accept that people excel in different areas, however just because these subjects are not traditionally academic does not make them 'micky mouse' subjects. i would love to see how you did in a media exam if it is 'soooooo easy'. also shouldnt all people who are prepared to take A levels be praised and respected just because they have taken the challenge, after all we could have dropped out at 16 and got a job in a supermarket.
Jenni_kitten and SoapySudds1, I will forward you a copy of what I said to nofriends8. Then perhaps you will understand what I meant instead of jumping to conclusions
ThePenguinMafia
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
From what I read, she wasn't claiming that; merely saying it was different. I think you're putting words in here mouth.
girlpants
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
eek! its all getting a bit tense!!

From what was a forum that started as "cant u find out ur A2 results earlier" is now a b*tching session about who the clever people are!

:love: LETS SPREAD THE LOVE :love
:
Soapysudds1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well people shouldnt come on trying to make non-traditional subjects looking inferior. but on the point of results well have to wait and see what happens to the ucastrack site on the big day!! unless we can find out on the website before hand
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
from what i recall, most schools have the results a week early- this was the case for me and edexcel. however it may be different for you and your school, and some exam boards only send the school stats eg 4 people at the school got Bs for Art or whatever. my school got the edexcel results via email and my chem teacher told us the results via our email (dunno if this is allowed!)

i also recall ucas was taken down during some of the night of the results day to update, and i checked my ucas every day until then and i didnt get any feedback until the moring of results day.

good luck! and remember some uni's can let u in even if you dont make the grade- call them up on results day and sometimes they let you in if u just missed it (my friend got CCDD for an AAB offer at Essex and on results day he got acepted)
The UNIVERSITIES get your results a week to 4 days before the schools and you get them - this is to allow them to sort out their acceptances/ rejection and generally be prepared for the 18th August. Your school will get them in a downloadable form on the 17th at the earliest and your exams secretary and possibly the Head/deputy may be involved in this. You do not get them until the 18th.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
PQ did mention there might be a possibility that UCAS track wouldn't be disabled this year, so that you may be able to find out whether you've made your firm/insurance on the morning of reslts day (before going to school to collect them etc). UCAS are keen on this, but schools/colleges don't like it because they think if you've missed your offer the best place for you to be is with them so they can help you sort it out. Nothing's been confirmed yet though, all I know is that UCAS were talking to schools about the possibility.
Nellz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
PQ did mention there might be a possibility that UCAS track wouldn't be disabled this year, so that you may be able to find out whether you've made your firm/insurance on the morning of reslts day (before going to school to collect them etc). UCAS are keen on this, but schools/colleges don't like it because they think if you've missed your offer the best place for you to be is with them so they can help you sort it out. Nothing's been confirmed yet though, all I know is that UCAS were talking to schools about the possibility.
I think it would be awful to go on UCAS track before you have your results to find that you've missed your offer. Not only would you be really upset but you would have no idea how you had actually done in terms of grades :eek:
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nellz)
I think it would be awful to go on UCAS track before you have your results to find that you've missed your offer. Not only would you be really upset but you would have no idea how you had actually done in terms of grades :eek:
I know, but equally it'd be a relief to see you had got in! Anyway, it probably won't happen, I just remembered PQ saying there had been some talk about it.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I might call UCAS up tommorow about this situation and find an exact answer.

(Original post by Nellz)
Same here. On the other hand, if I meet my offer, I can think of two things: I got good grades and/or got accepted without meeting the requirements.
Nellz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by trev)
I might call UCAS up tommorow about this situation and find an exact answer.
I'd rather not know - that way I can just go in to school and open the envelope and do it the normal way.

Even if UCAS do agree to it, there is no way I'm going to look
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nellz)
I'd rather not know - that way I can just go in to school and open the envelope and do it the normal way.

Even if UCAS do agree to it, there is no way I'm going to look
I don't think I should call now, as I remember that PQ posted a reply about UCAS track being available on the morning of august 18th.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads