Turn on thread page Beta

cant you find out your A2 results a week early... watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd much rather find out on Thursday morning with the head of 6th form there to give me some brandy to kill the shock and hand me the phone so i can start begging to Oxford
    Imagine having to wait until the next day to call them!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I might wait until the UCAS offer letter comes through the post on the morning of August 18th, as the UCAS track site might be too busy for some people to get on and check. Alternatively, I could wake up at 6:30am, and be on the UCAS track website. When it's 7am, I just click the button to log in, and might be the first ones to check it.

ReputationRep:
    so will the UCAS track service tell you if you have been accepted?? I mean what will it say bcoz right now all it says is conditional offer- firm/insurance etc...????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goku_ssj4)
    so will the UCAS track service tell you if you have been accepted?? I mean what will it say bcoz right now all it says is conditional offer- firm/insurance etc...????????
    It will change to unconditional if you meet your grades. No one knows whether it's going to be disabled on results day yet or not though, though it most likely will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goku_ssj4)
    Yes, UCAS track will tell you if you have been accepted or not. You will find out if you get accepted on UCAS track from 7am and onwards. In addition, you will get a letter from UCAS stating your acceptance. When you get accepted, it will say 'accepted'. If not, it will say 'unsuccessful'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    You will find out if you get accepted on UCAS track from 7am and onwards.
    Or UCAS track will be disabled until midday like last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Or UCAS track will be disabled until midday like last year...
    True. At least we get a letter from UCAS stating if we are accepted to that particular uni though. Therefore, we will still know if we got accepted or not.

I thought PQ said this year UCAS track will be available on the 18th from 7am and onwards. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Yes, UCAS track will tell you if you have been accepted or not. You will find out if you get accepted on UCAS track from 7am and onwards. In addition, you will get a letter from UCAS stating your acceptance. When you get accepted, it will say 'accepted'. If not, it will say 'unsuccessful'.
    I imagine that the letter comes some days after though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Agreed. I'm very sure that you will not get the UCAS letter on the same day is results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    True. At least we get a letter from UCAS stating if we are accepted to that particular uni though. Therefore, we will still know if we got accepted or not.

I thought PQ said this year UCAS track will be available on the 18th from 7am and onwards. :confused:
    PQ said there had been some discussion, not that anything's certain, and it probably won't happen. You won't get your letters through from unis until several days after results day either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    (Original post by Nellz)
    Agreed. I'm very sure that you will not get the UCAS letter on the same day is results.
    Why do we get the UCAS letter a few days after the results?

PQ said there had been some discussion, not that anything's certain, and it probably won't happen. You won't get your letters through from unis until several days after results day either.
    Ok then. I guess I could call UCAS about this issue and get an exact answer.

Obviously, we won't know if we get accepted before results day. How come the letters from the uni's arrive a few days after results day? Why would UCAS let us check on mid day on the 18th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)

Obviously, we won't know if we get accepted before results day. How come the letters from the uni's arrive a few days after results day? Why would UCAS let us check on mid day on the 18th?
    The unis are unlikely to send out the letters until results day itself, in case you get the letter before you've ot your results.

ReputationRep:
    The unis are unlikely to send out the letters until results day itself, in case you get the letter before you've ot your results.
    Plus people try and get released from their unis, to go to insurances/clearing and some unis just haven't made up their minds yet, or you could convince them.

ReputationRep:
    Alright then. Thanks for the answers. You're a great person. I wish you can get into your firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)

It's probably because it's a huge thing to organise for both unis and UCAS, and there's a lot of admin stuff. Plus then there's always the possibility of people getting letters early etc.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'll be too scared to check on UCAS Track! I think I'll just do the normal thing and get mine from school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I might wait until the UCAS offer letter comes through the post on the morning of August 18th, as the UCAS track site might be too busy for some people to get on and check. Alternatively, I could wake up at 6:30am, and be on the UCAS track website. When it's 7am, I just click the button to log in, and might be the first ones to check it.
    You might have to wait until the 19th to get the UCAS letter:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So to clarify:

- UCAS letters wont come though until after 18th
    - UCAS Track may or may not be functioning on the 18th

?

And, just one of my own concerns:

If we do get the grade are we guaranteed the place? Or do we need to ring the uni up and check etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    So to clarify:

- UCAS letters wont come though until after 18th
    - UCAS Track may or may not be functioning on the 18th

?

And, just one of my own concerns:

If we do get the grade are we guaranteed the place? Or do we need to ring the uni up and check etc.?
    The letter may or may not arrive on teh 18th- mine was a day late last year.

If you Do get the grades, all you have to do it reply to the UCAS letter ASAP. The Unis will know your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    If you were really that concerned why didn't you just take subjects you could get As in? :rolleyes:
    I chose the subjects that I enjoy. Media people chose the subjects they enjoy. At my school, they are all a**holes. That's only my school though.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.