Turn on thread page Beta

cant you find out your A2 results a week early... watch

ReputationRep:
    iv decided even if ucastrack is running on results day i will not be checking my offer! but will i be able to resist having a sneaky peek before i go to school. i think it would spoil the fun/scaryness/emotional factors/ and excitment on the day if i checked it beforehand

ReputationRep:
    also please dont generalise because i do media and i am academically clever and very nice (not *******-ish at all) and by reading this apparently extremely vain lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    also please dont generalise because i do media and i am academically clever and very nice (not *******-ish at all) and by reading this apparently extremely vain lol
    ARG!!!

I was not talking about ALL BL**DY MEDIA STUDENTS. My post clearly states I was referring to ONLY THOSE STUDENTS AT MY SCHOOL. I WAS GENERALISING ONLY ABOUT THE 10 PUPILS WHO DO MEDIA AT MY SCHOOL. I wish people would read posts properly instead of neg repping me after reading the first sentence only.

ReputationRep:
    no neg rep from me love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    no neg rep from me love
    They know who they are, and so do I.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth is an A in Media worth 20 times more than a B in Chemistry!!?!!!

I can't comment on whether Media is hard or not
    But Chemistry is bleeding HARD mate!!
    Ok obviously an A is better than a B
    But by THAT much?!?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Why even make such comments if not to provoke trouble? In my mind an A in Media is 20 times better than a B in Chemistry or whatever.
    An A in media and an A in chemistry are worth exactly the same to the person who takes them. Getting an A in anything is wonderful and makes people happy. BUT, when people who are mean try and put you down because you got a grade below them in a completely different subject, that is wrong.

Isn't it?

You knew who the rep was from though, didn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    If you need an A to meet a Uni offer then a B just won't do.
    Yes, but that depends on the course you do. If you are applying to do chem needing 3 As and you get a B in media, they might still let you in. If you are applying to do media, needing 3 As and you get a B in chem, they might still let you in.

::shrugs::

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Which is actually irrelevant to my point...

If you are applying to do anything needing 3 As and you get a A in media, they definately let you in. If you are applying to do anything, needing 3 As and you get a B in chem, they might still let you in.

I consider definately getting in to be 20 times better than the fact that one may get let in.
    As long as you were not referring to media being a better subject than chemistry, I understand. No subject is better than any other, because all people are different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    As long as you were not referring to media being a better subject than chemistry, I understand. No subject is better than any other, because all people are different.
    Exactly. Hence an A in Physics is better than a B in Sociology and vice-versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Exactly. Hence an A in Physics is better than a B in Sociology and vice-versa.
    But do you also accept that in my original posts I was not saying that I believe an A in physics is better than an A in soc, but that some people at my school will think their A in media is better than my B in chem and actually PUT ME DOWN about it. My opinion does not come in here. That is what I said.

ReputationRep:
    But do you also accept that in my original posts I was not saying that I believe an A in physics is better than an A in soc, but that some people at my school will think their A in media is better than my B in chem and actually PUT ME DOWN about it. My opinion does not come in here. That is what I said.
    But do you also accept I originally stated an A in sociology is better than a B in Physics in response to Gaz031 claiming that the opposite was true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    But do you also accept I originally stated an A in sociology is better than a B in Physics in response to Gaz031 claiming that the opposite was true.
    A B in physics and an A in sociology are worth different things to different people. I work just as hard as people doing media, it's just that maybe I am not as good at the subjects I love as they are. If I got an A in PE and a B in chemistry, I'll be more proud of my B in chem, because less people can do it.

ReputationRep:
    A B in physics and an A in sociology are worth different things to different people. I work just as hard as people doing media, it's just that maybe I am not as good at the subjects I love as they are. If I got an A in PE and a B in chemistry, I'll be more proud of my B in chem, because less people can do it.
    That's debateable as it is. Even so, the number of people who can achieve it really shouldn't be that important to you... I was far more proud of getting an A in Maths along with 1000s of others across the country than I was of mastering a football trick which only a few hundred can do at most. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    That's debateable as it is. Even so, the number of people who can achieve it really shouldn't be that important to you... I was far more proud of getting an A in Maths along with 1000s of others across the country than I was of mastering a football trick which only a few hundred can do at most. :rolleyes:
    Football trick is easier to master for some people who are naturally good at sports and maths is easier to master for people who are naturally good at maths. ::shrugs::

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Football trick is easier to master for some people who are naturally good at sports and maths is easier to master for people who are naturally good at maths. ::shrugs::

:rolleyes:
    Now apply said logic to your own arguements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Now apply said logic to your own arguements
    THEREFORE, your football acheivement may not have seemed so great to you because you have a greater natural aptitude for football than maths.

ReputationRep:
    This is how i see this arguement - Kavanne, you admit that no A level is better than any other, i think i read that on the last page. Yet you are upset when the people in your college with As in Media gloat and put down your B in Chemistry.

Although these people shouldn't be doing this, as it's just nasty and arrogant, if you accept that no A level is better than any other, then isn't all that they're doing, is looking down on a B from an A? If someone in Chemistry got an A and you got a B and they gloated, would that be ok? Because if all A levels are of equal status to you, isn't it the same thing? xx

ReputationRep:
    I am implying people who take media are the cool people and think I am geek for doing sciences. And therefore, because they are stupid private school rich kids (not all are completely unintelligent), will think I am more stupid than them, just because of some letters. When really, you cannot compare subjects that are completely different (like music vs. PE or business vs. physics)

-Kavanne
    that's not true!!!

I do media and i don't think any less of people doinf more academic subjects like sciences and maths! i'll have you know i even did AS biology but failed, so anyone acheiving ANY grade in such subjects has my respect. And i don't go to a private school either...stop steroetyping us and yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    that's not true!!!

I do media and i don't think any less of people doinf more academic subjects like sciences and maths! i'll have you know i even did AS biology but failed, so anyone acheiving ANY grade in such subjects has my respect. And i don't go to a private school either...stop steroetyping us and yourself!
    I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU. I am talking about the 10 people who do media at my school. Why do I have to repeat myself?

(Original post by mousey)
    This is how i see this arguement - Kavanne, you admit that no A level is better than any other, i think i read that on the last page. Yet you are upset when the people in your college with As in Media gloat and put down your B in Chemistry.

Although these people shouldn't be doing this, as it's just nasty and arrogant, if you accept that no A level is better than any other, then isn't all that they're doing, is looking down on a B from an A? If someone in Chemistry got an A and you got a B and they gloated, would that be ok? Because if all A levels are of equal status to you, isn't it the same thing? xx
    The bottom line is that no one should look down on anyone elses results. This is wrong. I should not be made to feel bad because I have worked just as hard as them at a different subject but got less of a result. If anything, they should be congratulating me on acheiving a still much above average grade, and I know that this will not be the case.

If someone achieves an A in chemistry, they are quite obviously better than me. Even though all A Levels have equal merit, YOU CANNOT COMPARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECTS AT ALL. It's not right. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't understand this, and I now feel that all my posts are repeating themselves so will people please read all the responses in this thread before replying!

Please.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.