Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, Maths was my last exam paper so that's all my GCSEs over and done with.

I now have a long summer before starting college in September.

I felt light initiating a thread for those also lucky enough to have finished (although I think most of you still have science? *did it last year*).

So anyway, feel free to discuss anything general about the exams here not covered elsewhere, and am wondering what are everyones' plans post-GCSE.

Are you all going to pick up your results - and on that topic- off the top of your heads, do you know the results day? I think A Levels are the 18th and GCSEs are something like 26th? *should probably look it up online*

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you, I've still got 8 exams left.

ReputationRep:
    i have 4 exams left, i cant imagine finishing and living wihtout work for ages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Well, Maths was my last exam paper so that's all my GCSEs over and done with.

I now have a long summer before starting college in September.

I felt light initiating a thread for those also lucky enough to have finished (although I think most of you still have science? *did it last year*).

So anyway, feel free to discuss anything general about the exams here not covered elsewhere, and am wondering what are everyones' plans post-GCSE.

Are you all going to pick up your results - and on that topic- off the top of your heads, do you know the results day? I think A Levels are the 18th and GCSEs are something like 26th? *should probably look it up online*
    What are you doing all summer? Are you getting a job?

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 weeks of College to look forward to now (i.e. starting tomorrow!)

Nothing like them letting you have a short break after exams :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    Blimey! That's extreme.

At my school, which is a shame really, you're basically only offered to do 9 subjects (the 5 core and 4 choices) -although I think the younger years will get to do more. And because I took science early that's two GCSEs (3 exams) that were already out the way- although we did AS Human Biology instead (bleurg!).

(Original post by soulsussed)
    What are you doing all summer? Are you getting a job?
    Hmmm, well I expect a large portion of it will be spent lazing around, reading books and manga and generally enjoying myself.

I've already organised a job for myself and I think I'll be starting training later on in the summer, but I'm pretty sure I'm officially starting in September.

I'm not going anywhere exciting for a holiday (apart from a couple of days with friends in Lyme the week after next and am helping at my school's Year 7 Camp if that counts? *raised eyebrow*).

(Original post by Johnt)
    I have 4 weeks of College to look forward to now (i.e. starting tomorrow!)
    Doing what?

ReputationRep:
    My exams don't end until the 24th of June.

ReputationRep:
    lol i've got 5 exams left to do now, and i finish on June24th, also, results come out Thursday 25th August. most schools open around 9-10ish.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand it either. I only do 11 subjects, it just seems they all come up really late on the timetable, so I can't go and enjoy the summer like everyone else seems to be able to.

ReputationRep:
    yeh well you lot are lucky after my exams finish, i've got stupid work experience to do to straight the weekend after on the 27th, so no having a wild party and taking a week to recover for me, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    woo 8? i have 6, most of my friend only have 2 or 3 left, lucky b*****ds. oh well, huge break after exams before sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!!! lucky for some :p: i finish on the 21st xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    LOL!!!! lucky for some :p: i finish on the 21st xoxo
    so do i, i have 3 bloody hours of exams on that day.

ReputationRep:
    yeh when do people go back aswell, coz my school (to help the yr7 settle in) the sixth formers dont start till sept 12th! which is pretty considering some of my mates go back on the 7th (hehe!)

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 left. Cannot wait for them to be over. Im not sure about sixth form, because I am moving schools, but at the school I am at now, the sixth formers always go back first, like Sept 1st, and everyone else goes back on the 4th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noofruit)
    I have 5 left. Cannot wait for them to be over. Im not sure about sixth form, because I am moving schools, but at the school I am at now, the sixth formers always go back first, like Sept 1st, and everyone else goes back on the 4th.
    We go back on the 1st!

ReputationRep:
    2 exams left!

Science tomorrow and then History on the 21st june!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    We go back on the 1st!
    THE FIRST!!! woh!, i thought the seventh was early, damn i'm gonna love this summer then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    THE FIRST!!! woh!, i thought the seventh was early, damn i'm gonna love this summer then!
    i think we have 10 weeks or something pure holiday and relaxation time, bloody brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    I only have 5 exams but dont finish till 30th June!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.