Turn on thread page Beta

GCSEs - how well had you done in comparison to how well you thought you had? watch

ReputationRep:
    Coming out of my second Maths exam today, I just have a sinking feeling, because I feel that I have done worse in my exams than in my mocks, and worse than my predicted grades are. Did you get better/worse results to what you had thought you had?
    Thanks,
    Nicki

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickiM)
    Coming out of my second Maths exam today, I just have a sinking feeling, because I feel that I have done worse in my exams than in my mocks, and worse than my predicted grades are. Did you get better/worse results to what you had thought you had?
    Thanks,
    Nicki
    The reason why you feel you have done worse is because the mocks werent really important, yet the real ones are of course, so you're bound to feel anxious after the exams because you hope you have done well. It'll probably turn out that you've done okay. I try not to think about the exam much after, apart from when discussing them on tsr just try not to dwell on it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I revised for the mocks, and di well, I just don't think that I am going to be achieving what I should do as I feel I have messed up the exams

ReputationRep:
    Thanks,
    Nicki
    I am exactly the same as you. I can't help but feel I did a million times better in my mock exams.....and I don't think I will reach my predicted grades in some subjects

ReputationRep:
    i didnt even think about the paper when i came out today i was just like thats another one done now, whats next, my mind was just like no time to contemplate, i wont think about maths again until aug 25th

ReputationRep:
    Thanks,
    Nicki
    I think a majority of people have the same reaction as you, including me. Probably because these are the actual GCSE's and there is no going back. I have know people with the same feeling, depression etc but have achieved 9/10A* and not even expecting near that. So dont worry, im sure you have done the best you can!!!

ReputationRep:
    with my maths exam my school got a chance to take a trial exam for AQA because they are thinkin of changin maths to just foundation and higher
    but we still had to do our real gcses but which ever set of exams we got the best results on is the grade we are given!
    well thank god the trial exam was miles easier than the actual gcse-i dont think i'll get my predicted A* on the real gcse maybe on the trial though

ReputationRep:
    Well, the thing is, the annoying thing, that if I don't get my predicted grades, I know that I am capable of them because I have produced that standard of work (and mock grades) throughout the 2 years. Oh well, I better look forward, this time next week I will have finished my GCSEs, and then I'll be flute practicing for an audition

ReputationRep:
    I think overall I'll do much better..I think its just the general feeling after coming out of an exam - I'm trying not to judge my performance based on that feeling.

ReputationRep:
    i think ive done alrite.. although i'm really optimistics about nearly all my grades. dunno if ill get an A or B in sum subjects or an A or A*.. just have to wait until the 25th!

ReputationRep:
    but thing is for these exams ive not been taking them in i couldnt tell you whether the exam was hard or easy its like am not payin attention and im jus robotically doin the exam but i always come out feeling negatives abt exams-well hey? if i accept that i havent done aswell as i should and i get all A*S-Lord willin, then its a nice surprise innit lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not thinking as clearly in the exams as I should be. I just get caught up in all the tension and pressure.

ReputationRep:
    one guy had a spaz attack and got all stressed in his biology and messed up his history by answering three questions in one section instead of two and didnt do the q in the last section (AQA History B, if that helps people understand the workings), and he was proper cryin coz that was 25marks he'd just lost srtaightaway

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing far better than I did in the mocks, or how I expected to do. I did no revision for the mocks though, so that's probably the main reason.

ReputationRep:
    I have the unlucky habit of not being able to get to sleep until 2am every night so in the morning exams I'm half asleep which is not good! I got all A*s in my mocks so I'll feek like I haven't achieved my full potential if I don't do the same now which i blatantly won't seeing as how rubbish English, IT and Geography was...

ReputationRep:
    I revised more for the mocks i wish i could just have the mocks marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piggy)
    I have the unlucky habit of not being able to get to sleep until 2am every night so in the morning exams I'm half asleep which is not good! I got all A*s in my mocks so I'll feek like I haven't achieved my full potential if I don't do the same now which i blatantly won't seeing as how rubbish English, IT and Geography was...
    yeah me too. last night i finally fell asleep at 5 am. so exhausted in maths and geog today.

ReputationRep:
    lol i revised loads for the mocks, coz i was stressed, lol this just seems to be going by now, but i dont want my mocks marks especially in the sciences, lol actually mock in drama,music,ict,english both would be ok

ReputationRep:
    I think i did way better in the mocks! For a start the teachers had prepared us for exactly what was going to come up, but this time they didn't know any more than us! Also, I went way over the word limit for writing papers, and found it very hard to write anything intelligent in the english exams

ReputationRep:
    I know i have done crapper than my mocks, i just feel it.

English Literature- Probably slightly crapper
    English- Probably slightly crapper
    Maths- Hard to tell, as i did higher in my mock and got a B then
    German- Probably better actually
    Geography- Hard to tell, probably about the same, maybe slightly better

Science- Still got chemistry and physics to go, so who knows
    Business Studies- Hopefully alot better than the mock
    FT- Only need about half marks in the exam to get a B anyway

Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.