Turn on thread page Beta

GCSEs - how well had you done in comparison to how well you thought you had? watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. I know exactly how you feel, I don't think there are many people who can't say the same thing. Everybody worries about their exams and feels they could have performed better, don't they? That's the point of exams; they've got to be slightly challenging...if you couldn't do one or two questions (or more), so what? Is it worth getting yourself stressed about it? No, it's not. If you leave the exam hall with that sinking feeling, think to yourself "it doesn't matter, still have more exams to come and I will use my energy on revising for those rather than worrying about the one I just did".

Think about it, you can't change anything you've done now. YOU know what you're capable of, and everybody knows that exams definitely don't do our highest intelligence any justice. To some, yes, it does. But I doubt it would change your future for the worse. Just think about what's to come, rather than dwelling on what's happened.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree. Everyone should stop stressing about what they've done. You'll only know how well you did when you get your results. Relax, and spend your time revising for the others.

Oops, I think that's what I should be doing right now :P

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel! I thought I'd be more confident in the real thing than in the mocks because you spend about a month revising in lessons for the real thing whereas you might spend, maybe... a week revising for mocks. However...I think my mock results were much better than what I think i'm going to get for the real thing.

Wierd thing is, sometimes in exams I think 'Oh, this isn't too bad actually!' but then when I get home afterwards I think 'Hmmmmm...maybe it wasn't so easy...there was a lot I couldn't do...what if I fail??!!'...you know?

Oh well, I'm just hoping for the best

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    I know i've done worse than i did in my mocks, esp after today's science exam. To be honest i'm just sick of the whole concept of GCSEs- too many of them depend almost entirely on terminal papers which are subject to stress and pressure. :mad: Also, i'm sure there will be ppl who do really well just by reading the revision guide and after spending two years not bothering.... i think exams should be more about using initiative than memorising stuff...that would show true intelligence and imagination. Anyway,everyone seems to be thinking the same so if we all did crap then at least the grade boundaries will be low!

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to seem big headed, but i really feel i ve done much better than my mocks. My mocks were quite good as well. I got 3 or 4A*s, rest As with 2Bs or Cs in english lang and lit. I expect this time As in english, because i concentrate more on techniques rather than content.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd pretty much failed all of mine, and I got 6A*s and 4As (going up in all my subjects, or staying the same from my mocks, apart from French where I went down - oops!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I thought I'd pretty much failed all of mine, and I got 6A*s and 4As (going up in all my subjects, or staying the same from my mocks, apart from French where I went down - oops!)
    wow congrats, i dont wanna jinx mine so i'm just gonna keep schtum

ReputationRep:
    woahhhh.thanks for boosting our confidence.lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    woahhhh.thanks for boosting our confidence.lol!
    You will have done loads better than you think, honest I know it's hard to believe that when you've got a long summer ahead of you! Get used to it though, you get to go through it all again with your ASs and A2s :p: *Dreads waiting for A2 results*

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming out of my second Maths exam today, I just have a sinking feeling, because I feel that I have done worse in my exams than in my mocks, and worse than my predicted grades are. Did you get better/worse results to what you had thought you had?
    Thanks,
    Nicki[QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely. I've been predicted a majority of A*s, and to be honest, although I didn't think I'd get all of 'em I definitely wanted A*s in; both English Lit and Lang, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History and Geography. I'd be happy with an A in French, PE and Maths, or even a B in Maths - it doesn't bother me.

However, I think I'll probably have to scrape Bs in English Language and Biology considering how badly they did. And I really don't think I got A* in Chemistry today. It IS annoying, considering I got As and A*s in the mocks with hardly any revision, and when I've been predicted great grades. I think on results day (which is the 29th for me - I'm on holiday!), I'll be looking at my predictions report...then my actual results...and I'll be annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just trying to forget all about it. I want to enjoy my Summer, not fret over something I can't influence any further.

ReputationRep:
    Ellie4, when you say you think you'd failed, how badly did you actually think you'd done? Thing is with me though, I don't think I've failed them all, just about 3 of em. And I doubt I've actually failed failed, I just mean I haven't got my A* prediction. It is bloody gutting though. Anyway, the fact that I only feel this way about some of mine leads me to believe that the few I think I really have messed up in...I have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Ellie4, when you say you think you'd failed, how badly did you actually think you'd done? Thing is with me though, I don't think I've failed them all, just about 3 of em. And I doubt I've actually failed failed, I just mean I haven't got my A* prediction. It is bloody gutting though. Anyway, the fact that I only feel this way about some of mine leads me to believe that the few I think I really have messed up in...I have.
    I thought I had actually failed some of them. Like maths and english, and I ended up get A*s in both English exams and an A in maths. I know it's hard to believe, but you will have done really well!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have actually failed any, just not done as well as I could have done!

I can't wait until they're over then I have a very busy summer planned, so hopefully will forget about them until August!

ReputationRep:
    I thought I had actually failed some of them. Like maths and english, and I ended up get A*s in both English exams and an A in maths. I know it's hard to believe, but you will have done really well!
    I appreciate that. Lets hope you're right...I can't believe I have to wait an extra 4 days for my results! I'm gonna be so anxious, especially when I ring my friends and find out theirs!

ReputationRep:
    Eeep!! Could you get the school to ring you or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    I appreciate that. Lets hope you're right...I can't believe I have to wait an extra 4 days for my results! I'm gonna be so anxious, especially when I ring my friends and find out theirs!
    why the four day wait, are you away?

ReputationRep:
    You have made a lot of people feel much better!! Thanks!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.