Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    May I just say mike, your A level philosophy essays are very poor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    or take things as true until proven wrong. After all all science is like that.

Science is a bit like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    yeah true so could say God exists untill proven not .

ReputationRep:
    There must be something out there, no matter what it is, there's something. Whether it's on Pluto, Jupiter or the Moon - something has to be there. It could be an alien, it could be a monster, or it could be an animal :confused:, but there must be something. Although I don't actualyl believe in aliens, I realize that there's some sort of life out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    but they seem to get A's so....
    what r u comparing them too?

ReputationRep:
    Say a giant blue tower of soap flavoured muffins, measuring 10billion miles exists, until proven not :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    There must be something out there, no matter what it is, there's something. Whether it's on Pluto, Jupiter or the Moon - something has to be there. It could be an alien, it could be a monster, or it could be an animal :confused:, but there must be something. Although I don't actualyl believe in aliens, I realize that there's some sort of life out there.

Why does there have to be anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Well, science isn't quite like that. It hasn't been proven that there is no life after death, yet most scientists say death is the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    but they seem to get A's so....
    what r u comparing them too?
    I don't need to compare them to anything to see they are poorly written. Please don't say that because an essay achieves an 'A' grade it is necessarily good (well, depends on yuor definition of good).

ReputationRep:
    . Although I don't actualyl believe in aliens, I realize that there's some sort of life out there.
    definition of alien is a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere so you do believe in aliens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Why does there have to be anything?
    Because the universe is massive, look at all these planets. There must be something living on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    definition of alien is a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere so you do believe in aliens
    Hmm, well I don't definately think there's a form of life but, I do. Well, now I'm confused. Yes, then, I am an official believer of...aliens. *cringe*

ReputationRep:
    Because the universe is massive, look at all these planets. There must be something living on them.

But their doesn't have to be life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Oh... thanks, I value your opinion. However, I had a Harvard lecturer complement me on the standard of the essays I sent off to Oxford which are on my site. So, they can't be that bad... just not up to your standard... lol

ReputationRep:
    What I think Ralf is getting at is the point that the size of the universe only increases the probability of there being alien beings, size in itself doesn't make their existence necessary.

ReputationRep:
    It will be on a larger scale, our solar system is just one arm of the Milky Way which is just one (small) galaxy in an (probably) infinate universe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    I don't need to compare them to anything to see they are poorly written. Please don't say that because an essay achieves an 'A' grade it is necessarily good (well, depends on yuor definition of good).
    im not saying an A grade essay is a good essay. but if there is a quota for what an essay must contain and it does that then isnt it "good" in some respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    But their doesn't have to be life.
    Well, it's creepy. Would you go to Pluto alone? No? Why? Because you fear of some living creature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Which one of the essays are you reffering to?

ReputationRep:
    I believe that there is another life form out there, for instance roswell 1973 there was somethin definitely goin on der.
    It also proves it in the quran, that god has not only created humans, there are many other life forms out there.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.