Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doin this paper on Tues (21st)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Its a resit for me.
    The January paper was horrible, considering we hadn't done Energy, Control and Continuity

ReputationRep:
    Me. I think it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    What grade did you get in January?

Cool your'e doing medicine too! My firm is Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    I did not take it in January. We had only taken module 4 (I got 89/90 out of this one). I only need to get D's in my remaining modules to get overall A so I am quite relaxed about the environment peaper. When you retake do you have to write courswork again?

ReputationRep:
    Im on 337/390 so far (Modules 1-4) im on a pretty high tight rope at the moment. Need to secure at least one more good grade although I do have a resit mark to come through with my final two module results.

ReputationRep:
    Froggymills what mark out of 90 did you get in january for module 5?

ReputationRep:
    yeh I'm doing this as well, I'm lacking so much motivation though! Is coursework worth 45 ums points on this mod? because it says its 7.5% of the total mod and the mod is 15% or would it still depend on the scaling?

ReputationRep:
    It would still depend on scaling. If the Paper is really easy then 66/66 on coursework wouldnt guarentee you 45UMS. If the paper is really hard 66/66 may get you higher than 45UMS.

ReputationRep:
    my coursework was out of 38! does it change from school to school?

ReputationRep:
    It is out of 38 when it is marked. Then they scale it somehow so it becomes out of 66. They do loads of wird things with those marks just to confuse us .

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else plan their revision right down to how many UMS they want from each module to get the grade they need? Or are most people just going full throttle at everything and hoping for the best?

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning!! and I've been double checking just to make sure I have calculated it correctly and I'm not going to get some sudden shock!

ReputationRep:
    I calculate how many marks I need for reasurence purposes. Knowing that I do not need anything higher then D in all my exams make me realy relaxed . I will obviously try my best in exam but I must admit I am not revising to much.

ReputationRep:
    Bellis what is your UMS so far?

ReputationRep:
    370 (modules 1-4)

ReputationRep:
    yea im doin this paper on tuesday, what are you finding the hardest topic in the module. i think the standard deviation quesitons, im awfull at maths. if anyone could explain this to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    woooahh standard deviation questions? that's the first I have heard about having to do them! argh do they have questions on standard deviation?
    I've not looked at mod 5 yet, i'm just reading through modules 1-4, currently on mod 4 and I just cant be bothered anymore!

ReputationRep:
    The only question on standard deviation I have encountred was to define what it is.

ReputationRep:
    what is it then?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 20, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.