Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i hate crap on tv like "celebrity....". Eeeeww. what are they trying to do? make people hate tv so much they go out?

ReputationRep:
    - People who give one word answers and then say "soo..." in moments of silence
    - Complete disregard for basic justice
    - Arrogance especially when those who are arrogant possess no particularly laudable qualities
    - People who call you names such as "stuck up" or "arrogant" when you just happen to excel at something that they do not, or otherwise are intimidated by you.
    - People who have strong opinions about things they know nothing about (that would include people who jump to conclusions and people who are judgemental)
    - Inefficiency
    - People who follw ideologies without actually thinking about them.
    - Utter selfishness or disregard for your fellow people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commander V)
    i hate crap on tv like "celebrity....". Eeeeww. what are they trying to do? make people hate tv so much they go out?
    I think this whole "celebrity" thing is SO, SO patronising. It implies that we are all simple oiks who are ever ready to worship our betters. Sadly, some people actualy watch these things. What I find more insulting is that half these "celebrities" are not celebrities at all.

ReputationRep:
    -Homophobia
    -Racism
    -ppl tht typ liek dis lol!111
    -When someone tells me that Harry Potter is "stupid" and pathetic" when they haven't even read the books or seen the films
    -Labels ("goths", "punks" etc.)
    -When people text on their mobiles when you're trying to talk to them
    -Immaturity
    -People who are convinced that their religion is fact and feel the need to tell everyone else about it
    -The word "gay" used in place of an offensive word
    -People who say Michael Jackson was guilty of child molestation because he "looks weird!"
    -When people can't understand the love I have for my dog, and who laugh when I tell them I love him more than some people I know. Especially when those laughing have never owned a dog in their lives.

ReputationRep:
    - People who can't spell commonly used words and/or use basic grammar. I can't spell particularly well, but HELL some words are just OBVIOUS.
    - Inefficiency when there's a really OBVIOUS way to do something faster. (I'm not a fast person, but when people are slow because they don't THINK...)
    - People who don't SHUT UP when you're CLEARLY busy with something. (This is IRL)
    - Fussy people
    - Nosy people
    - Attention seekers
    - Racists
    - Homophobes
    - "Goffs" who like Evane-whatever and Sum 41 or whatever garbage. Ick.

Ditto to:
    - People who say Michael Jackson was guilty of child molestation because he "looks weird!" On that note: people who judge by how others look.
    -The word "gay" used in place of an offensive word. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sooo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    sooo...
    Could you be any funnier? I think not :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sorry, just seemed like the right moment for it,
    as for what makes me want to boil

chavs and boy racers
    burn them all and slash their tyres

ReputationRep:
    People who generalise too much. Like most people here. i.e. i dont mind when people talk specifically, but too many posts here have started with the phrase "people like".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutus)
    What really makes you so mad that you feel like killing em?
    when the ink runs out in my pen!!!
    :vmad:...

ReputationRep:
    Parents who smoke in cars when they've got children in there, even if the windows are down. If they've got really loud thumping music on it jsut adds insult to injury- babies must have delicate ears, wouldn't you think that would damage their hearing?! Or just people smoking around children- it's not fair to make them breathe it in when they don't have a choice.

Customers who think they know how to do your job better than you, or seem to assume that just because a) I work in a shop, b) I don't appear to be older than 17 (I'm nearly 20!) and c) I'm blonde, that must mean I'm automatically stupid....newsflash- I'm not! I don't mind if they are right, but most of the time they're not, and they're rude about it....grrrrrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    People who stalk others on the internet.

People who deliberately pervert a point you're trying to make.

People who are sarcastic, but not in a funny sarky way.

People being patronising.

*****ing/blatant spreading and manipulation of rumours. Someone told me today "Sam's sister in year 8 is having a baby, shes like 8 months gone so I heard?" so I asked Sam and she was like "Errr, absolutely not!". - That sort of crap really pisses me off, why would anyone make that sort of thing up?! It's just like..yeah, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    When people who go to private schools look down on you because you went through the comprehensive system.

ReputationRep:
    6000 word essays on sociological theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Special Patrol)
    6000 word essays on sociological theory.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    *faints*

ReputationRep:
    Really stupid people. People who talk ****. People who make very unfunny jokes constantly then expect people to laugh, then get 'mardy' if you don't. People who argue stupid points, even when they know they're wrong and get more and more angry when you keep proving them wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    When people who go to private schools look down on you because you went through the comprehensive system.
    I go to private but I don't look down on anyone (most of the time i find myself looking up... )

ReputationRep:
    Kill Chemistry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfusion)
    I go to private but I don't look down on anyone (most of the time i find myself looking up... )
    Lol maybe it's just in my town that it happens then, that wasn't a very fait generalisation to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    That really doesn't happen does it? I've been right through the private system, from eh age of 4, it doesn't mean I look down on people who went to comprehensive schools in the slightest. It's the same with my friends too.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.