Turn on thread page Beta

rooms in cambridge watch

Announcements

does any1 kno if smoking is permitted in rooms at cambridge?

esp. girton cos this is where my interview is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camstudent1)
    does any1 kno if smoking is permitted in rooms at cambridge?

esp. girton cos this is where my interview is
    Dunno - technically smoking is allowed in our rooms at Oxford but nobody dare do it cos the fire alarms are so unbelievably sensitive. The other day the cleaner pored a hot bucket of water down the sink and the steam set off the fire alarms!!!! I wouldn't risk it if I were you - just go outside like the rest of us.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ps you're abit confident calling yourself 'camstudent' aren't you???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Dunno - technically smoking is allowed in our rooms at Oxford but nobody dare do it cos the fire alarms are so unbelievably sensitive. The other day the cleaner pored a hot bucket of water down the sink and the steam set off the fire alarms!!!! I wouldn't risk it if I were you - just go outside like the rest of us.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ps you're abit confident calling yourself 'camstudent' aren't you???
    just about covers it

ReputationRep:
    Don't think it actually is at Clare, or at least, not in the bit I live in. One guy set fire to his duvet while smoking in bed, which they used as an excuse for a bit of a lecture for the rest of us. I don't smoke so it doesn't affect me though.

Think it's mainly a fire hazard thing rather than like being at school again - we're not even allowed candles in our rooms ffs!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.