The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

visiting boyfriend at lincoln halls?

Hi, I want to visit my boyfriend for a couple of nights at Lincoln hall, where he's staying. I've got a friend at raleigh park who says its fine for guests to stay, but according to a rules/regulations book of this year, apparently my boyfriend can't have guests. Is there someone I can contact about this? Anybody else have this problem and know how to get round it? Any info would be really helpful, we don't really know who to ask but I really want to visit him.
I was under the impression it didn't really matter if your boy had guests so long as you don't stay over for an extended length of time (a couple of days at most).I think they might have put that there so they comply with fire regulations.Your best bet would be to contact the hall office , I'd be surprised if they weren't keen on you visiting as that wouldn't be reasonable.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
At the same time as visiting I'm going to be going on a university park campus tour as I hope to come to Nottingham next year, so I guess it would be quite nice if they would let me stay for that at least.
Reply 3
I doubt they would care. Just stay over - no one will do anything about it to be honest. No need to inform (imho)
Reply 4
He says if we don't arrange it properly then he might get fined.

Maybe I need a new boyfriend.
At most unis, you can have guests over. They have certain about the duration but in most places, no one really checks.

Inform your bf before you visit him. I've seen surprise visits from partners not going according to plan. Two of my flatmates had another girl/guy in bed when their partner (who thought that they had a great relationship) made a suprise visit.
Reply 6
Surely if I visit him and catch him in bed with another woman it's better than not knowing he's cheating...
still, I see your point. So does anyone actually know if this lincoln hall 09/10 regulation book exists?
edithwashere
Surely if I visit him and catch him in bed with another woman it's better than not knowing he's cheating...
still, I see your point. So does anyone actually know if this lincoln hall 09/10 regulation book exists?

I graduated this year and I've never heard of anyone ever being fined for having guests over at any uni.
Reply 8
They normally get the police involved, I wouldn't bother. They did this with someone last year and it got messy.
Reply 9
Melissa0000
They normally get the police involved, I wouldn't bother. They did this with someone last year and it got messy.

Wow erm how??
edithwashere
Wow erm how??

Did you really believe that? :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Not quite, but always polite to check before blasting them for wasting my time.
edithwashere
He says if we don't arrange it properly then he might get fined.

Maybe I need a new boyfriend.

If you do, find one at Raleigh Park, we certainly allow guests here, and noone cares if they stay longer than they are meant to really.
I'm staying opposite Lincoln Halls and we were told that guests we're allowed guests for a few days ata time as long as they're signed in with the porter. I don't seeing the rules being diffrent for Lincoln.
Reply 14
Thank you for everybody's advice, apparently his rulebook was fictional so I should be able to stay, now he's stopped being silly about it.
Cheers guys :smile:
edithwashere
Thank you for everybody's advice, apparently his rulebook was fictional so I should be able to stay, now he's stopped being silly about it.
Cheers guys :smile:

I was at Lincoln last year and I'm pretty sure the rulebook is ********. They always say that you should tell the porter if you visit but no-one does. Everyone had people stay over at one point or another, don't worry about it, haha.
Humphries can be your new boyfriend :yy:
Reply 17
I was in Lenton and Wortley last year, bf was in Lincoln. I stayed over at his lots and vice versa, honestly they won't even know. I've also been in many of a Lincoln fire alarm at 3am and didn't even get noticed, you'll be fine!

Latest

Trending

Trending