Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You people do not eat meat bcause you dont want to harm the animals hey?.Then why do you eat their only food?

ReputationRep:
    I dont eat cows. However, I don't eat their grass either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kit_Kat)
    I dont eat cows. However, I don't eat their grass either.
    I mean green stuffs you know
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Brutus)
    You people do not eat meat bcause you dont want to harm the animals hey?.Then why do you eat their only food?
    Well I don't eat meat most becasue I don't like the taste.

Vegetarians are just people who don't eat meat. The reasons for not eating it are numerous.

And there isn't a shortage of plants of one sort or another, so eating a plant doesn't take anything away from an animal.

Show me an animal which has had to starve because I've eaten a carrot or a potato or some lettuce.

ReputationRep:
    Show me an animal which has had to starve because I've eaten a carrot or a potato or some lettuce.
    Ditto, if eating vegetables are causing more animals to die than if all the veggies in the world ate those animals, we'll reconsider.

ReputationRep:
    Like someone already said, there is no shortage of vegetables. And that's not all vegetarians eat anyway; most of us eat pasta, rice, quorn etc. Vegetarianism doesn't harm anyone or anything (unless you count plants etc... :confused:)
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't like the taste, thats the only reason I don't eat it.

Besides veggies don't eat grass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    I don't like the taste, thats the only reason I don't eat it.

Besides veggies don't eat grass.

Some might... and some vegetables probably taste worse than grass... How have u given up smoking for over a month?? Don't you miss it?!?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    yeah I do miss it. Cravings aren't so bad after a week though. It was pretty tough.

ReputationRep:
    Well done for giving up!

ReputationRep:
    Why ate you asking this didn't you know that you can feed a lot more people if we didn't eat meat. That is because energy is lost down the food chain. Farm animals or any animal is going to starve because a vegitarian.

ReputationRep:
    You are clearly incredibly bored having finished exams or something and just want to annoy people. That question has flawed logic. It has a blase tone suggesting that vegetarians are crazy hippies that have a desire to help individual animals rather than change farming practices and attitudes towards food. Also, in response to your apparent concern about the lack of crops to feed cows, you should know that there is no shortage of crops in this country, in fact there is a surplus!
    As a vegan I do not eat animals because I disagree with the modern and intensive farming practices in this country which are both cruel and unnatural. It is a choice based on both morals and my health. By making such a lifestyle choice I hope that a) others will follow my example or at least question their own eating habits and b) i am sending a message to the agricultural industry that the current practices are damaging, wrong and unethical. It is linked with my decisions to eat organic food and to buy local fresh produce, and with my other concerns about envrionment and animal welfare.
    Hope that answers your question, though it has to be said it was on the same intellectual level as "If God said 'eat one chicken or i'll kill 10 more', what would you do?" PM me if you want. Or be more openminded and less pedantic, spend some time thinking about this issue, which isn't a joke. Some useful sites (just for starters), if you're interested, are...
    www.vegsoc.org
    www.greenpeace.org
    www.soilassociation.org
    www.vegansociety.com

with love, mia xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutus)
    Why do they eat MY only food!

ReputationRep:
    LOL yeah, if people didn't eat meat, there'd be less animals coz they wouldn't be bred for slaughter, which would mean there was more food for us veggies!!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by miaforshort)
    You are clearly incredibly bored having finished exams or something and just want to annoy people. That question has flawed logic. It has a blase tone suggesting that vegetarians are crazy hippies that have a desire to help individual animals rather than change farming practices and attitudes towards food. Also, in response to your apparent concern about the lack of crops to feed cows, you should know that there is no shortage of crops in this country, in fact there is a surplus!
    As a vegan I do not eat animals because I disagree with the modern and intensive farming practices in this country which are both cruel and unnatural. It is a choice based on both morals and my health. By making such a lifestyle choice I hope that a) others will follow my example or at least question their own eating habits and b) i am sending a message to the agricultural industry that the current practices are damaging, wrong and unethical. It is linked with my decisions to eat organic food and to buy local fresh produce, and with my other concerns about envrionment and animal welfare.
    Hope that answers your question, though it has to be said it was on the same intellectual level as "If God said 'eat one chicken or i'll kill 10 more', what would you do?" PM me if you want. Or be more openminded and less pedantic, spend some time thinking about this issue, which isn't a joke. Some useful sites (just for starters), if you're interested, are...
    www.vegsoc.org
    www.greenpeace.org
    www.soilassociation.org
    www.vegansociety.com

with love, mia xx
    wow you're one of those insane veggies who try to convert people aren't you. You give us all a bad name.

Oh and it isn't sending any message to farmers really, is it.

ReputationRep:
    I think that all vegetarians, unless they are doing it purely for health reasons, want others to become vegetarian because then our own actions will have more impact. I am not talking about shouting at people until they agree with you, and I'm sorry if it sounded like that was what I was advocating, but all vegetarians/vegans I know are happy to talk/discuss/debate with people their lifestyle and their reasons for it. It is this discussion and opening the forum for debate which allows others to find out more about vegetarianism and veganism. Also by doing things like cooking vegan/veggie meals for your friends and family it dispells myths that the food we eat is bland, unhealthy and limited. Thus encouraging them to try more veggie/ vegan food!
    Finally it is very clearly sending a message to the agricultural industry and subsequently the food and catering industries. As more people are becoming vegan/ veggie farmers are reviewing their practices i.e. becoming an organic or free range farm. Also supermarkets and restaurants are providing more vegetarian options. Without changing the current system it seems to me that vegetarianism is pointless. Just my opinion though! I don't try to convert people, I like to talk (and listen) to them!
    Mia xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miaforshort)
    I think that all vegetarians, unless they are doing it purely for health reasons, want others to become vegetarian
    What about the ones who just dont like meat...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, that too!
    mia xx

ReputationRep:
    Vegetarians should be eaten. It's the only useful thing to do with them. Except maybe mush them up and spread them on fields of vegetables that will go nicely with a great big steak.

ReputationRep:
    how rude!! Nobody's ****ged off meat eaters. YET! Grrr

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.