Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are your views on this subject? Personally I sympathise with the Palestinians (now everyone will think I'm anti-semitic - which I'm not), due to the way the Israeli government treats Arabs in the "occupied territories". Many will say that the Palestinians are terrorists (especially Americans), but this view is very stereotypical. Others will argue that it is the Israeli government which acts like this and doesn't represent the views of the general public, but why then has Sharon won recent elections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbp20717)
    What are your views on this subject? Personally I sympathise with the Palestinians (now everyone will think I'm anti-semitic - which I'm not), due to the way the Israeli government treats Arabs in the "occupied territories". Many will say that the Palestinians are terrorists (especially Americans), but this view is very stereotypical. Others will argue that it is the Israeli government which acts like this and doesn't represent the views of the general public, but why then has Sharon won recent elections?
    i agree with u i 2 would sympathsie with the general normal palestinian people and dont worry what the americans have 2 say there soulation to everything is to make a certain people look bad and then justify a way to blow up there country.

ReputationRep:
    both sides are fools. im disguisted by the actions of the israelis, especially the destruction of palasteinian land and homes and this wall they are creating. i understand that such incursions are for the safety of israel but many palestinian citizens are killed displaced in the process, its abhorant.

the palestinian terrorist groups are decipable too, both sides should ahve learnt by now that killing isnt going to solve the problems and its is giving birth to new generations of hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    both sides are fools. im disguisted by the actions of the israelis, especially the destruction of palasteinian land and homes and this wall they are creating. i understand that such incursions are for the safety of israel but many palestinian citizens are killed displaced in the process, its abhorant.

the palestinian terrorist groups are decipable too, both sides should ahve learnt by now that killing isnt going to solve the problems and its is giving birth to new generations of hate.
    its easy to say such things dont get me wrong ur comply right that there actions are comply uncalled for but u will find that it is will be the ordanry people fighting as terrorists cus there homes are family members have been killed both are wrong but its not somthing i think that we truly ave the right to say is right and wrong cus we dont no what we would do in that sistutaion thats what i think but i could be wrong
    (dont mind the spelling)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean)
    its easy to say such things dont get me wrong ur comply right that there actions are comply uncalled for but u will find that it is will be the ordanry people fighting as terrorists cus there homes are family members have been killed both are wrong but its not somthing i think that we truly ave the right to say is right and wrong cus we dont no what we would do in that sistutaion thats what i think but i could be wrong
    (dont mind the spelling)
    i like to say that killing in principle is wrong yes as the majority of people will think so too. many would find it hard to say "do not kill israelis" if your whole family had been murdered and house destroyed by israelis. but thats the problem, its a vicious circle. the second you say we "cannot condemn them for killing because of the situation" then you are instantly giving an excuse,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    i like to say that killing in principle is wrong yes as the majority of people will think so too. many would find it hard to say "do not kill israelis" if your whole family had been murdered and house destroyed by israelis. but thats the problem, its a vicious circle. the second you say we "cannot condemn them for killing because of the situation" then you are instantly giving an excuse,
    there is no excuse for death im just makeing sure that people dont judge will only looking at things from one angle like they usaly do. the only information we get is that we get is that from the news and how can u trust there bias views when so often in the past they say what they want and not the facts

ReputationRep:
    The suicide bombers are not high members of a terrorist group such as Hamas. They are palestinian citizens that are threatened by terrorist groups to blow themselves up. If they don't comply the citizens' families will most likely be killed. Incidentally the suicide bomber's family receives $10,000 (or maybe $20,000) for the loss of their child. This money incidentally happens to come from Saudi Arabia.

But i hate all these discussion with who's right and who's wrong. They should just focus on how they are going to sort out things and there are only a few options to choose from.

ReputationRep:
    This is an issue that much concerns me as a student of international relations. personally, and I am in no way anti-semitic, I believe that what happens in israel is wrong.

It is an appartheid state where palestinians have less rights than israelis. sharon is a war criminal, and he is only supported by the US because of the strong pro-israel lobby in the US.

So, you could say I am anti-zionism, as it currently stands.

Obviously, there are atrocities every day, so you can't really single out one side for blame

Hope this doesn't offend too many people!!

ReputationRep:
    In recent EU poll Israel was voted the greatest threat to world peace! Surely this says something about their attitude to the Palestinians! (Maybe America should have been high up that list too though!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    In recent EU poll Israel was voted the greatest threat to world peace! Surely this says something about their attitude to the Palestinians! (Maybe America should have been high up that list too though!)
    i think it backs up the findings of a recently leaked report suggesting the highly anti-semitic nature of the EU. be thankful the US is willing to protect your ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    :yawn: who cares?

All Israelis really want is to be able to walk down the street, or sit on a bus, or go into a nightclub. Without the fear of being blown up or shot by a terrorist. This is what the average israeli wants. They just want to get on with their lives.

We could discuss who's wrong or right and go throught the history. But what's the point? It's not going to get us anywhere. There are only a few options to choose from and they should just act on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    :yawn: who cares?

All Israelis really want is to be able to walk down the street, or sit on a bus, or go into a nightclub. Without the fear of being blown up or shot by a terrorist. This is what the average israeli wants. They just want to get on with their lives.

We could discuss who's wrong or right and go throught the history. But what's the point? It's not going to get anywhere. There are only a few options to choose from and they should just act on it.
    yep, they should choose the option that lets the Palestinians establish their own land and Israel be free from a corrupt and viscious terrorist threat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    yep, they should choose the option that lets the Palestinians establish their own land and Israel be free from a corrupt and viscious terrorist threat.
    Exactly. But i don't think this will be achievable with Arafat and maybe not with Sharon either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Exactly. But i don't think this will be achievable with Arafat and maybe not with Sharon either.
    Sharon has already agreed to it, it was known as the US backed road map to peace. Arafat would not agree to end the terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Sharon has already agreed to it, it was known as the US backed road map to peace. Arafat would not agree to end the terrorism.
    Arafat basically runs the terrorist organisations, he has control of them. The sad thing is unless he dies it's going to be very difficult to get rid of him as we saw a few months ago when the Israelis were talking about expelling him and there were rumours of an assassination attempt.

One thing i don't understand though. Last christmas there was a big deal about Arafat not being allowed to go to Bethlehem, but he isn't even christian. What was that all about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Arafat basically runs the terrorist organisations, he has control of them. The sad thing is unless he dies it's going to be very difficult to get rid of him as we saw a few months ago when the Israelis were talking about expelling him and there were rumours of an assassination attempt.

One thing i don't understand though. Last christmas there was a big deal about Arafat not being allowed to go to Bethlehem, but he isn't even christian. What was that all about?
    no but its under palestinian rule and since there are palestinian christians he wants to celebrate it with them, knowing that it'll cause a stir with the Israelis. i agree entirely with your first paragraph.

ReputationRep:
    Killing is wrong.
    Either way at lest Isreal are tring not to kill people. Children in Irac throw stones and are brought up to think Jews are bad and that its their fault that their sisters and brothers have gone and exploded them selves. I belive that the Arabs are in the wrong and the Jews are in the right. To many of my friends live in isreal. I'm sorry but the jews do their best not to kill people. Their not the ones blowing people up. Killing children and older people and everyone. Their not the ones that flew into the two towers and killed countless people. You must understand were not the bad people it's the arabs, well the ones who are doing these things. Some of them arn't and they arn't doing anything to stop it but they arn't helping either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judith)
    Killing is wrong.
    Either way at lest Isreal are tring not to kill people. Children in Irac throw stones and are brought up to think Jews are bad and that its their fault that their sisters and brothers have gone and exploded them selves. I belive that the Arabs are in the wrong and the Jews are in the right. To many of my friends live in isreal. I'm sorry but the jews do their best not to kill people. Their not the ones blowing people up. Killing children and older people and everyone. Their not the ones that flew into the two towers and killed countless people. You must understand were not the bad people it's the arabs, well the ones who are doing these things. Some of them arn't and they arn't doing anything to stop it but they arn't helping either.
    You are completely blinded by ignorance. It is this, which prevents the road to peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judith)
    Killing is wrong.
    hmm, at least you are in the right ballpark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    You are completely blinded by ignorance. It is this, which prevents the road to peace.
    i would probably say its the reluctance of the Palestinians to control their terrorists, but anyway.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.