Turn on thread page Beta

Green Day: Milton Keynes 18th/19th June... watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering who's gonna be there?

I went to see um back in January (was fantastic ) an I'm going again on Sunday. Really looking forward to it :p:

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Saw them at the MEN arena in Janurary, they were good, but they didn't strike me as the sort of band it'd be worth seeing twice, I gather most of it (ie making a band from members of the crowd) they do every gig, and it wont be so intresting the second time round IMO...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Saw them at the MEN arena in Janurary, they were good, but they didn't strike me as the sort of band it'd be worth seeing twice, I gather most of it (ie making a band from members of the crowd) they do every gig, and it wont be so intresting the second time round IMO...
    I can see where you're coming from with that... But it's not so much that, as the atmosphere for me. It's being there, listening to some of the best songs i know (and IMO one of the two greatest songs ever), by the people who created them (whom, again, IMO are one of the two greatest bands ever, and most deffinately the greatest band currently)

Btw: the other band being Queen, who I would put on par with GD...

ReputationRep:
    Queen on a par with GD?? No way! No-one comes close to the glory of Queen. Having said that I saw Queen with Paul Rogers and it was not great. They need to know when to stop. Mind you most of the badness came from Paul Rogers who was immensely irritating (there is no "of the world" at the end of we are the champions you fool!)

I went to see Green Day at Brixton and they were excellent. I saw them at reading as well. Much better than when I saw them at Wembley two years ago (where they did the same band from the crowd thing, and that rabbit came out and downed a pint. it does get tedious) but maybe thats cos ive got extreme love for their new album. Their version of we are the champions was really good. Plus you're right, it is the atmosphere. the brixton crowd were great. without trying to sound pretentious there was a real feeling of being part of something. (mind you i was ever so slightly out of it)

ReputationRep:
    I'd say neither Queen or Greenday are anywhere near being one of the best bands ever. But i'd also say that Greenday are far. FAR. *FAR* better than Queen IMO...

ReputationRep:
    I'd say neither Queen or Greenday are anywhere near being one of the best bands ever. But i'd also say that Greenday are far. FAR. *FAR* better than Queen IMO...
    *chokes*

ReputationRep:
    lol. the new album? doesn't compare to some of the older stuff :p:

and yeah. we are the champions ruled! :d

ReputationRep:

Same. I saw them at the MEN. Thought they were fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockworkapples)
    *chokes*
    yeah: she was taking it a bit too far :p:

ReputationRep:
    she is a HE!

ask F.Poste! she'll confirm! :p:

and IMO, which is all it was, my oppinion, Greenday piss all over Queen from a great height...

ReputationRep:
    she is a HE!
    ah... yes... oops...

>feels foolish<

sorry!!!!!!

what can i say but, i'm a phool :rolleyes: ?

ReputationRep:
    she is a HE!

ask F.Poste! she'll confirm! :p:

and IMO, which is all it was, my oppinion, Greenday piss all over Queen from a great height...
    You've gotta be kidding girly

Green Day are good but all four members of Queen were just incredibly talented. And Freddie Mercury is the best frontman ever. EVER I tells ya!

ReputationRep:
    You've gotta be kidding girly
    :mad:

Green Day are good but all four members of Queen were just incredibly talented. And Freddie Mercury is the best frontman ever. EVER I tells ya!
    The members of Queen may've been technicially better Musicians than Greenday (though Tre Cool is a far better drummer) but IMO, they just didn't have the choons...i still stand by my statement that Queen have NO classic albums.

Again, it's all down to oppinion.

ReputationRep:
    Again, it's all down to oppinion.
    Indeed.

I wouldnt say that Queen necessarily have classic albums either because I dont consider them an albums band. But that doesnt make the whole package any less magnificent. (managed to resist the urge to use the word magnifico there - its just too much of a cliche!)

ReputationRep:
    i still stand by my statement that Queen have NO classic albums.
    *cries like a baby*

:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    *back on topic*

i'm going saturday. can't wait. the support looks ace as well (taking back sunday, jimmy eat world and simple plan)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    yay! go you! hehe. how you gettin there/when you aimting to be there for? and if you're goin by car, how early are you goin for parking?

(need oppinions... comments from anyone who's been to the bowl for a fairly big event before would be much appreciated too... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Homosexual)
    yay! go you! hehe. how you gettin there/when you aimting to be there for? and if you're goin by car, how early are you goin for parking?

(need oppinions... comments from anyone who's been to the bowl for a fairly big event before would be much appreciated too... )
    decided not to drive as i can't be arsed (my bf doesn't drive and i didn't want to do it all). we're getting the train from lime street (liverpool) that gets us to milton keynes about 12ish and we're staying in a b+b about a mile/2 miles from the bowl. so we'll probably get something to eat, check into our b+b and then wander down, i know gates open at 2 and apparently hardfie are supporting as well (so scott mills has just said!)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be there on Saturday cant wait, Hard Fi totally suck, they're replacing Simple Plan. JEW and GD are gonna kick maximum ass though, it should be awesome. BTW, anyone who has been to MK Bowl before, how easy is it to get to the front or near the front? Im askin cause my bus is gonna get there at 2 which is right when they open the doors, I wish I could get there a few hours earlier.

ReputationRep:
    meh, hard-fi are better than any of the other support bands there...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.