Turn on thread page Beta

Green Day: Milton Keynes 18th/19th June... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

. oh and i want to marry billy joel. and i spent all today laughing at my bfs sunburnt neck *giggles*

lou xxx
    Isn't he called Billie Joe?

Brilliant show, missed half of it looking for my cousin who we'd strayed from, we got right to the front (not in the special bit by the stage, the front of the part behind that) and it was cool, then my sister decided she was feeling faint, so got carried over the barrier and took to first aid, so I had to follow her, giving up some great views. When we got out though we were literally dripping with sweat-mainly other people's which was gross, couldn't wait to get in the shower once I'd got home (after 5.30 am-don't know how we managed to get so late, we were going 90 up the motorway, but we still came in hours later than anyone else)

Also, being right at the front I was expecting to get bashed about, I came out with not a bruise on me, it was pretty tame compared to other gigs, we just got a bit squashed in. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Wench)
    Isn't he called Billie Joe?
    yeh... i was totally sleep deprived yesterday and just generally making up words, i meant to edit it earlier when i read it again but forgot... instead i spent all evening making up a photo album for my bf of the gig (the ticket was his birthday present so i though it would be nice to give it to him as a reminder tomorrow-his actual birthday)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    It was amazing, I completely forgot about all the amazing songs they didn't play because it was that good! Looking back it would of been amazing if they played when I come around, 2000 light years away or a few other songs but you can't complain with 2 hours of songs. They played quite a lot from american idiot but what do you expect? Also I think American idiot is a wicked album so I didn't mind, would of prefered them not to play Boulevard or American idiot tho and replaced them with some older songs, nevermind!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing gig!(Sunday)

I disagree that they should plat more old stuff. Thats so cliche now.

Ive been around for ages and actually prefer american idiot, its such a breath of fresh air!

It was mostly similar to brxiton cept for a better atomosphere and when september ends .

I stood near the middle block bit where confetti came from. Sound was intense too, and all them topless girls :-).

-Rob

ReputationRep:
    got loads of piccys if you want to see them on photobucket

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Some great piccie louplou- especially number 14!

ReputationRep:
    Was awesome, real good atmosphere!

ReputationRep:
    We got into the bowl at about half 3 so waited around for about an hour and a half before hard fi came on, who were ok, but didn't sound special and it was a mistake doing a cover of seven nation army, it sounded terrible. Taking back sunday was better and they interacted with the crowd a bit better and were quite enjoyable, as was jimmy eat world.
    Green day however were amazing, as soon as they came on they had the crowd in the palm of their hand and I was jumping, cheering, shouting and singing much more than I probably should have.

ReputationRep:
    'm so jealous - my parent's wouldn't let me go coz i had an exam to do on the Tue - studpid examiners - i really wanted to see JEW

If anyone's got any photos can the load them plz plz plz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaming_goddess)
    'm so jealous - my parent's wouldn't let me go coz i had an exam to do on the Tue - studpid examiners - i really wanted to see JEW

If anyone's got any photos can the load them plz plz plz
    see my link above, i've hosted some of mine on photobucket and you can view them all online (click the link and you'll see!)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i was there on the saturday!!! GREEN DAY WAS AWESOME!!! lol we got there at about half 3 n it was sooo hot lol. me and some of my friends got to the front of the barrier so it was cool!!. my friend got some amazing pics. can't wait 2 see them!!!

ReputationRep:
    We got there stupidly early at about 12, and so there was a LOT of sitting around and waiting.

Hard-fi were absolutely terrible. When they proclaimed they were from Staines, West London, the crowd was blank but the four of us groaned in disgust (the four of us being from West London, also.) What the hell was he doing with that air driven key board? And the cover of seven nation army? It was absolutely terrible - I felt like crying for them.

Taking Back Sunday were fantastic - their crowd interaction was great, and Jimmy Eat World were great too though not very involving. Bleed American was a highlight - everyone knew it (even if they weren't massive JEW fans.)

A summary of Green Day I posted elsewhere:

When Green Day came in everyone went nuts, they started at 9 and their set ended somewhere between 11pm and 11:15pm. Their set was fantastic - fireworks, colourd fire, confetti and all, not to mention the YMCA bunny. There were plenty of hot guys to raise my spirits, but there were also loads of topless sweaty guys - many of them obese. At one point the twins and I were in the circle pit and there was this fat fat guy with sweat dripping off his man boobs, and I think we were pushing him away when we lost our fingers in his flesh.

The circle pit and line ups were lots of fun, and there were plenty of cute guys with clothing being brokena nd falling off. One of them looked to us for shelter when his belt broke, and another when his jeans got ripped (though Emily managed to rip them for him even more so.)

Highlights would be when I got vodka poured into my right eye (my vision is still blurry); when fit preppy guy aided in the pre-Green Day swaying; gross lanky topless guy proclaiming himself the prince, and his girlfriend the princess (of course we chimed in "I'll be the butler!" "And I'll be the maid!" "Room service!;" the mockery of other loser's dances; when Billie Joe got the 14 year old up on stage to play the guitar ("Have you ever gotten laid before?" "No! ;_;" "You will tonight!") and of course the relief of being in my mum's car on the way home, mellowing out. The journey home was a 40 minute walk to MK station from the venue which was absolutely killer, and my shoulder is absolutely horrendous.

It has to be said though, MK is a ***** to get to. I had a french GCSE the next day, and I think I did well nonetheless, but I was absolutely exhausted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bisha)
    when Billie Joe got the 14 year old up on stage to play the guitar ("Have you ever gotten laid before?" "No! ;_;" "You will tonight!")
    i thought he was 16 :confused:

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

lou xxx

NAH 14!

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    He was definitely 14, that is what made what BJ said all the funnier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    He was definitely 14, that is what made what BJ said all the funnier.
    ah okies, i was probably getting squished at that point!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    oh hang on, did you go on sunday? .... he said exactly the same thing about the guy on saturday

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    oh hang on, did you go on sunday? .... he said exactly the same thing about the guy on saturday

lou xxx
    He says the same thing every time.

ReputationRep:
    He says the same thing every time.
    Yeh he even said that in Jan from memory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tidasquall)
    Gonna be there on Saturday cant wait, Hard Fi totally suck, they're replacing Simple Plan. JEW and GD are gonna kick maximum ass though, it should be awesome. BTW, anyone who has been to MK Bowl before, how easy is it to get to the front or near the front? Im askin cause my bus is gonna get there at 2 which is right when they open the doors, I wish I could get there a few hours earlier.
    Lol, yeah. No offence but Simple Plan ain't that good at all!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.