Turn on thread page Beta

Most Inspirational Songs watch

ReputationRep:
    Any songs by Bright Eyes...

And of course "We Are The Champions" by Queen

ReputationRep:
    Bright Eyes are inspirational?! Haha. I love them, but listening to the records just makes me more cynical and loathing of the world as it is rather than inspiring me in any particular way. Although, I guess, it inspires me to think more cynically.

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Damien Rice, Coldplay or Turin Brakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    Bright Eyes are inspirational?! Haha. I love them, but listening to the records just makes me more cynical and loathing of the world as it is rather than inspiring me in any particular way. Although, I guess, it inspires me to think more cynically.
    Lol, well I dunno. I mean most Bright Eyes songs are pretty cynical and heart-rending, but the instrumental for some reason inspires me..it's hard to explain.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think get what you mean. There are also some songs that although depressing have some hope at the end.. the narrative in "No Lies, Just Love" is superb; same with "Bowl of Oranges".. and although I originally dismissed the whole of "Digital Ash In A Digital Urn" for being too electronic and detached, it's really not that. "Easy/Lucky/Free", especially given the current climate, is such a happy song.

ReputationRep:
    'Hero' by Mariah Carey - it touches me in every single way and inspires me immensely. I just feel when i'm listening to this song, no matter what challenges and problems my life may have to face, i will overcome and succeed them, 'cos i have a 'hero' inside of me - there are not enough words to describe how inspirational this song is to me, and especially when we have these terrorist attcaks and wars, this is the perfect song to show we will win and prevail. A beautiful and inspirational song!

HEAD BOY

ReputationRep:
    Dreams- Gabriel
    Proud- Heather Small
    Beautiful- Christina Aguilera
    Survivor- Destiny's Child

ReputationRep:
    Survivor and Independent Women - Destiny's Child
    the You and Me song from Romeo + Juliet
    Sunscreen - Baz Lurhmann
    Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
    Good Luck - Basement Jaxx

ReputationRep:
    Time is running out - Muse
    Iris -Goo Goo Dolls (because it descibes exactly how i feel about everything)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.