Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hOW DID you find it? I found the pope question quite straightforward, but the othello q was quite complicated.
    I think the q were:
    pope in bringing the balance between the seious and trivial creates material ripe for satire. Do you agree?
    pope criticises women from a male perspective???

For a modern day audience the message in Othello is still applicable. We question whether stupidity causes more destruction than evil.

Shakespeare makes the avenger suffer the most in the end

iT WAS SOMETHING LIKE THAT! I dunno i just fouind the othello q really challenging
    ANy thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    Which Rape of the Lock question did you do? To what extent did you put you agreed that Pope presents the trivial as important?

ReputationRep:
    i did the second question..

But im quite worried bout it.. there was so much to write that my essay was just so unstructured!

ReputationRep:
    I did the 2nd Pope question, about criticising Belinda's world. It was ok. (I hope )

ReputationRep:
    I did the first question! Different to all you, so hope its ok now! What made you choose to do the second question then?

ReputationRep:
    You put the Othello questions in the opposite order! I did (b) in the paper, which was the stupidity is more destructive than evil one. I found it alright! An essay came to mind pretty easily I found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atonement)
    I did the first question! Different to all you, so hope its ok now! What made you choose to do the second question then?
    Because it had the extract

ReputationRep:
    I did the pope question about satire i think both q were quite similar and found that it flowed easily
    for othello i did stupidity is more destructive than evil

ReputationRep:
    what did you conclude? i said that Iago is not truly evil the whole Coleridge quote and that Othello is not really stupid and kind of lost the argument but ended by saying that Iago's malice and self interest directed the action and generated the 'tragic loading of the bed'

ReputationRep:
    I said that Iago effected the whole disaster in the play, and his evil (and intelligence and I didn't forget his stupidity either) was part of that, however it would not have worked had the other characters had "stupid" or foolish characteristics. (I didn't only use Othello.)

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 16, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.