Turn on thread page Beta

Leg exercises for worst legs in the world watch

ReputationRep:
    I have like the worst legs in the world, they are so fat, and just wobbly. Ugh. Being it’s summer soon, I really need to get my legs into a half decent state (every summer, I always end up hiding around the house in big baggy pants)
    Does anyone have any ideal how I can make my legs look a little better? Maybe some toning exercises?
    I really would be grateful, as I’m desperate here. Lol.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Walk!!! Squats! Sit ups can help your bum! Just walking, running, stretching and stuff like that... It works for me anyway!! I walk my dogs for a couple of hours a day, and have a run in the park with them, and my legs are now okayish

ReputationRep:
    But are they really bad? Coz my mate thinks hers are and they're great!! Are you a little size 8 just being self conscious or is it serious?

ReputationRep:
    rowings good exercise for everything, legs, chest, cardiovascular, i started a few weeks ago and i can already tell the difference, i actually go rowing out on the sea but a rowing machine has the same effect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gonnabavet)
    But are they really bad? Coz my mate thinks hers are and they're great!! Are you a little size 8 just being self conscious or is it serious?
    I’m a size 10 - 12 (12 now I think, as I have put on weight) , Prob just being very very, very self conscious. but they really do look bad.

ReputationRep:
    The best way to do any exercise is first to do it with a state of mind, and for good reasons. This always seems to improve the results. i.e. try not to exercise to look better, but exercise to improve your fitness, or exercise to express yourself or even just to relax. But then its all up to you. and for legs - squats will sort you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuber)
    The best way to do any exercise is first to do it with a state of mind, and for good reasons. This always seems to improve the results. i.e. try not to exercise to look better, but exercise to improve your fitness, or exercise to express yourself or even just to relax. But then its all up to you. and for legs - squats will sort you out.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Size 12 and you're worrying? Honey... DON'T!! I did that for like 3 years, same size as you. Now I'm a 10-12 and more than happy! If u really hate them, just tone them up by walking and jogging a bit. Also, I found that wearing highish heels makes them look fantastic!!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously - I'm a size 8 and have flabby legs, big calves especially, and I weigh nine stone. I do think that 50% of that is my legs, they're terribly out of shape.
    I suggest toning exercises such as rowing. I like to swim a lot but since I've done it from a very young age I've developed large shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makeshiftwings)
    Seriously - I'm a size 8 and have flabby legs, big calves especially, and I weigh nine stone. I do think that 50% of that is my legs, they're terribly out of shape.
    I suggest toning exercises such as rowing. I like to swim a lot but since I've done it from a very young age I've developed large shoulders.
    Buy a new body..........

ReputationRep:
    if you're really serious about it go to www.muscletalk.co.uk or for supps go to www.maximuscle.co.uk both these sites tell you how to lose the lard and start building muscle.

ReputationRep:
    question: if your already quite big is it bad to build muscle?

coz in the long run if u have more muscle you burn more calories even at a resting state

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sub_zero)
    question: if your already quite big is it bad to build muscle?

coz in the long run if u have more muscle you burn more calories even at a resting state
    you've already answered your own question.

ReputationRep:
    ^ lol

ReputationRep:
    thats wat ive heard i wantd to know if its true!

ReputationRep:
    yes

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.